• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun Conure Roll Call

snackies

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rebecca
I can't wait! I want to take lots of pictures and show her changing. :o:

I saw her mum and dad and her brother, and they were all very, very pretty!

she did do 1 or 2 screeches last night, kind of like "hey! this is cool...!" when she was on her cage and checking everything out, and it was loud, but... not really that loud, if that makes sense? she was as loud as my lorikeet was, he used to screech next to my ear and deafen me for a bit, lol! I fully expect her to get louder and more frequent, but for now I'm going to enjoy her softer noises! haha.

the breeder did say she was a bit quieter then most sunnies... which I guess is good - even a teeeeeny tiny iiiiiitty bitty bit quieter is a good thing! hehe. she's very sweet... I was really expecting her to be screaming this morning once she had spent her first night, but I was up before she was! and even while I was getting her breaky and talking to her she was quieter then ever - I wonder how long that will last? lol.

Parrot14

Strolling the yard
Yes, Jerry is freeflighted bird.. but not the way of soaring to highest sky flight, just fly arround me and my house... She ( I named her without knowing the sex, and couple months ago she showed me mating behavior, then I know that Jerry is female). Sometimes I brought her to the field and she did some loop flights, that's enough for me... as long as she is healthy and happy. What surprises me is that Jerry is not as loud as other conure, she just yell a bit when hear the sound of my car arrived, and the natural loud of early morning and when the dawn closing in, and those are not for long. She had a high pitch continous yell alarming when cats are getting near.

minirachie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rachel
I showed my "non-Bid" friends and they were like " OH MY GOD IS HE DEAD!!!???" and Im like no...thats how he sleeps...;) They were gobsmacked hahaha

Dany

Sitting on the front steps
Here's my baby Sun Conure called Mango! I got him at ~ 2 1/2 month old. Hatched may 20th 2011.

Mango ~ 3 months old, eating and I guess scratching his head against the bar.
Baby Mango 3.jpg
Baby Mango 4.jpg
Baby Mango.jpg

Mango now at ~8 month old? Sitting on my hand, front and back. He's molting and the yellow/orange feathers are growing up from everywhere!
Mango(3) 08-02-2012.jpg
Mango(2) 08-02-2012.jpg

So, this is my spoiled baby. He's also DNA sexed and is a male.

minirachie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rachel
Naaawwwh!
Mango is adorable! I love the 3rd picture! frankie does that to! Must be a Sun Conure thing! ;)

Dany

AHAHA! Must be a sunny thing indeed...

Thanks Minirachie.

I can't wait for him to get his full coloring... I guess I have to be patient. He's a good boy! :dance4:

Dany

On the 4th and 5th pictures, his feathers was still not fully dry. He had taken a shower not long ago.

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
:heart: very cute!

emdh

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Elizabeth
This is Pablo-my 8 month old boy. He's a cutie-says just one word-but alot-up up up up up!!! He's sweet, snuggly and a bit stubborn!

Attachments

Dany

Awwww! Pablo is so cute!

He has very dark feets, love it.

Mine love to fall sleep on me while I watch tv. :hug8: