• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun Conure Roll Call

Entropy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ryan
Aww, what an adorable thread! :heart:

Here's a quick pic of my mischievous little buddy, Mr. Bubbles, doing what he does best... being ridiculous cute and exploring:

I've got more on an external hard drive somewhere, I'll have to dig those up.

Alekzandrian

Moving in
Real Name
Alekz
I love everyone's suns! :)
here is my Sunshine. I need a more recent picture, his yellow has spread much more! He is a year and a few months old. He was born on September 11, 2011
427919_4498067931113_1029134939_n.jpg

Taxus812

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terry
Here is Pete. We are not sure how old he is since he was rehomed to us a few days ago. We were told he was about two from the original owners.

IMG_1040.jpg IMG_1046.jpg IMG_1059.jpg IMG_1061.jpg

Shikabane.Hime13

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lenette
This is my 11 week old Clarice! She just came home today! She's a sweetheart and she'll become a spoiled little brat with all the love and attention she'll be getting! I love my little baby!

012.jpg 014 (3).jpg

018 (3).jpg 017 (3).jpg

solo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
jess
here is my little ham ,Xia
IMG_9713_zpsc3496a80.jpg IMG_9716_zpsdb912675.jpg IMG_9754_zps7eca8e3c.jpg IMG_9752_zpsd3577294.jpg

Cocochick

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tammy
I posted pics of my green cheeks, and figured, to be fair, I should post a picture of my sun conure, Calliope ;)

Nevermores Mum

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kacie
She is going to be stunningly beautiful when she is older. :cloud9:

If it weren't for how loud they are, I would love a Sun.. I am just going to awe over photos instead though. :D
Mine is really not that loud.... They scream to communicate so I have found it helpful to teach words and whistles. The screaming has quit almost 100%. They are truly rewarding friends. Clicker training worked well for mine.

soulgust

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Morgan

Eren :D I have been told he is a sun conure by some people and a jenday by others (I don't know if there is a difference though..) But he's a baby nonetheless. He loves to cuddle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

FidFlock

Real Name
Nikki
My Simba (suspected male, we're not sure) He's a quiet, timid, young little tyke :D

Photo on 2013-07-24 at 10.47.jpg

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley

Eren :D I have been told he is a sun conure by some people and a jenday by others (I don't know if there is a difference though..) But he's a baby nonetheless. He loves to cuddle.

Definitely a jenday. Jendays have all green wings, (with accents of blue), while Suns have yellow tops to the wings. :3

soulgust

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Morgan
Definitely a jenday. Jendays have all green wings, (with accents of blue), while Suns have yellow tops to the wings. :3
Good to know then xD thank you

~Tiko~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tammy
Such gorgeous birds! To those of you that have both Sun Conures and Green Cheeks are they that much louder then the Green Cheeks? I don't find the Green Cheeks loud so was wondering what others thought.

Kimferg9209

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kim Ferguson
I'm wondering the same thing because my son wants to add a Sun to our flock.

FidFlock

Real Name
Nikki
Simba's only loud at some times of the day (when we leave and when we come home), but we've ignored him until he stops yelling, so it's been reduced to a few squawks. Then again, our baby is different from most suns (he was housed with green cheeks when he was freshly weaned and adopted some of their traits), so we'll see what everyone else has to say. He can really get going with the noise though, and sometimes it's just when he's in the mood (which unfortunately happens on my shoulder sometimes), and I swear I'm going to go deaf soon. His screeches are unbearable for some (but nothing like when my sister started the clarinet :lol:), but luckily for us they aren't frequent.

Again, our sun is different, and doesn't have some of the sun qualities. Wait and see what others say...but this is my experience :D

Celia58

Avenue Veteran
I just found out Ive not put Nacho on this thread. So here he is. He is 3yo and not dna'd we just call him a he.