• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stainless Steel ~ Cheap stuff VS High Quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
A LOT of my SS items are magnetic... MP and EH skewers/corkscrews... the tray on my Wingdow stand (but not the rest of it). :huh:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A LOT of my SS items are magnetic... MP and EH skewers/corkscrews... the tray on my Wingdow stand (but not the rest of it). :huh:
Probably just a cheaper grade of stainless steel.
As John so kindly told me.. they do provide stainless steel but a cheap grade to increase their profit margins and at the same time they make you feel good for purchasing stainless steel.:)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:eek: Wow!! Just looked them up. Very reasonably price for Good quality stainless steel cages.
i ordered and returned and cancelled AA ss last month. I was willing to buy it every two years as it rusted out...Jackson and L Scoot love it so much!But....
Bar spacing advertised as 3/4" was as much as 1" in several areas :eek: (on the new ones. my old ones are perfect). On being asked it was stated it's just an approximate measure give or take some percent....
Too bad because like i said i was willing to discard every two years....

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
Excellent thread. How often have you had an inside cage start to rust? How many cages do you think a bird gets in a lifetime? We are always searching for the perfect cage. I would love a stainless but my bird is too small.
What kind of bird do you have?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Excellent thread. How often have you had an inside cage start to rust? How many cages do you think a bird gets in a lifetime? We are always searching for the perfect cage. I would love a stainless but my bird is too small.
custom!
I have a 40" custom made with 5/8" bars.
You can get any spacing you want!

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
i ordered and returned and cancelled AA ss last month. I was willing to buy it every two years as it rusted out...Jackson and L Scoot love it so much!But....
Bar spacing advertised as 3/4" was as much as 1" in several areas :eek: (on the new ones. my old ones are perfect). On being asked it was stated it's just an approximate measure give or take some percent....
Saroj ..

I remember that thread, you were so disappointed, you spent hours cleaning and setting them up, only to find out the problem with the bar spacing after all the work. :mad: :(

As much as I love my Avian Adventures cages .. I think if I were to go "stock" SS cages, I'd have to look closely at A & E .. they seem so nice, and you have been quite pleased with them.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Oh.. :eek:

Well.. I'd like to share some very disheartening and truly disappointing news with you all. I decided to try a magnet on Sachi's Custom made cage and it held like a pig in manure.:( It was a very bad day for me when I realized that I paid for a VERY expensive POOR quality stainless steel cage.

This applies to the whole cage except the tray. :(This is truly disappointing because when one purchases a *CUSTOM MADE* Stainless steel cage, they expect and trust that their hard earned money will be used on the very best possible.:(

Otherwise, why bother with custom?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.