• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Special need Alex

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Such beautiful boys.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
They are adorable together! So nice that they get along so well! Never heard of that! :rolleyes: :lol: (at least not here)

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
What a difference a few month can make, this was Benji tonight; Snuggling up and into my hand. Wanting closeness and trusting me to give it.
1D9F6BB8-F9A3-4051-BD43-266F1DD765DA.jpeg He still doesn’t like hands moving quickly next to him, he has an issue with judging distance and He reacts with shaking, and leaning backwards.
If he can see your hand and you move slowly, he will put up his foot and step up without issues. His grip has also loosen, when Benji moved in he used to hold on so hard with his tallons you would have too physically help him dislodge them from your limbs. Now with balance training and the help of free range play and climbing areas, his ability to balance is SO much better. Benji in his formal life spent his life on a single play stand with No toys and only sunflowerseeds and sweet potato to eat. :shifty: So 2 years of bad food and no stimulation, I still get so angry thinking about it. Benji is such lovely gentle soul who deserved so much better, and I’m happy I can provide him with a good life now.
This morning all the fids had a shower outside with the hose, and Benji was acting like a “normal” bird, below isn't a very good picture, however it made me sooo happy watching him with Oscar. When he first moved in I would have to hold him when he had a shower as he would flip backwards and fall to the ground. :wideyed:
FD9A41AE-50E7-468D-BF7D-637F07C87A0B.jpeg