• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Speaking of odd Cats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leslie

Meeting neighbors
Mine will only drink water out of coffee cups. God forbid I should put a bowl on the floor. It's a coffee cup on the counter. I guess they feel like they're being naughty and getting away with it or something. Silly.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mine will only drink water out of coffee cups. God forbid I should put a bowl on the floor. It's a coffee cup on the counter. I guess they feel like they're being naughty and getting away with it or something. Silly.
:lol::lol: That's a new one!

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
My cat drinks out of the bath. Problem is - I am in it, having a nice warm relaxing soak.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
:lol::lol::lol:
My cats never did that!

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
:rofl:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Big Mike (16 yrs old) follows whoever goes into the bathroom in hopes they will turn the tub water on every time. And he has to have a mixture of dry and can cat food but only a sprinkle of dry on top or he won't eat it and then it gets all soggy and has to be thrown out.

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
I had to take my son to the child psycholgist today (he has been confirmed as having a learning disability and possibly ADHD, so now we go back to the pediatrician). They had a book there that was titled "ALL cats have Aspergers Syndrome". After reading these, (and having cats all my life, currently have 2) I tend to agree 100%

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Cat's can definitely be funny. My mother in law has two which are sweethearts and they love to only drink out of the dog's water bowl :lol:.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
My cat drinks out of the bath. Problem is - I am in it, having a nice warm relaxing soak.
One of mine used to do that as well. She would sit on the edge and dip her paw into it to scoop it up and drink it. I could never understand the allure of hot,s soapy water.

I had to take my son to the child psycholgist today (he has been confirmed as having a learning disability and possibly ADHD, so now we go back to the pediatrician). They had a book there that was titled "ALL cats have Aspergers Syndrome". After reading these, (and having cats all my life, currently have 2) I tend to agree 100%
Best wishes for you son, but now I want to read that book.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
For 3 nights in a row now Sadie has woken me in the middle of the night because she wants to be petted. She is nipping my face and gnawing on my hands to wake me:rolleyes:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
For 3 nights in a row now Sadie has woken me in the middle of the night because she wants to be petted. She is nipping my face and gnawing on my hands to wake me:rolleyes:

Sebastian tries to wakes me up in the morning. He will paw at my face and meow until I wake up. Sometimes I have to bury my head under the covers to hide from him so I can sleep!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
When Jasmine wants me to wake up....she sticks her tongue in my ear. :eek:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
There is something very special about how cats can manipulate people. I don't know what it is they have, but they get us to do the most unusual things for them and end up training us to care for them exactly how they want. Is it some kind of mind control or is it some kind of weakness in our mind that makes us so susceptible to the wants and needs of our cats? All I am really sure of is that my cats get exactly what they want, when they want it and I have not figured out when it was they succeeded in training me. :eek:

What is even more strange is that I am happy with having been trained. :huh: Go figure......

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
There is something very special about how cats can manipulate people. I don't know what it is they have, but they get us to do the most unusual things for them and end up training us to care for them exactly how they want. Is it some kind of mind control or is it some kind of weakness in our mind that makes us so susceptible to the wants and needs of our cats? All I am really sure of is that my cats get exactly what they want, when they want it and I have not figured out when it was they succeeded in training me. :eek:

What is even more strange is that I am happy with having been trained. :huh: Go figure......
:rofl: all true!!

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
I just remembered, if I take a glass of water to bed, I now have to use a vessel with a lid. Otherwise, when I wake up needed a drink in the middle of the night, I discover that Morag has snaffled it all. Sometime I catch her in the act and I'm amazed she can get her whole head in to the glass :p

brilywi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Bri
I just remembered, if I take a glass of water to bed, I now have to use a vessel with a lid. Otherwise, when I wake up needed a drink in the middle of the night, I discover that Morag has snaffled it all. Sometime I catch her in the act and I'm amazed she can get her whole head in to the glass :p
My kitty does this as well :lol:

She also doesn't understand ice. She would rather try to play with it, shiver, and then try to play with it again (rinse, repeat) until its melted all over the floor. :huh: She also loves drinking water off the floor of the tub after we shower and out of the sink basin. Kiki also LOVES to help me brush my teeth :lol:She climbs up on the bathroom counter and gets RIGHT IN THERE and gets disappointed when I stick the toothbrush in my mouth. Then she gets frustrated when she tries to sniff the handle end and it keeps poking her in the nose :heart: She also LOVES to sleep in the guys clean underwear. Its kinda funny cuz they're all allergic, and its the only clothing she makes an effort to curl up in.

Status
Not open for further replies.