• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sparx's New Aviary!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I think the traffic master is a type of linoleum. That is the kind that's in my bird room. I just laid it right over my carpet. It is kind of expensive but you can buy scraps as well which might be the right size for the aviary. You wouldn't have to glue it or anything, just lay it over the concrete. I got mine at Menards.
I did a quick search and found "green linoleum".
Linoleum Flooring

LittleBirdie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Connie
Wow Angie that's a very nice cage!
As far as flooring I agree about the linoleum suggestion and have you looked at those soft floor tiles that sometimes are used in kid's rooms nowadays?They are colorful squares that fit together like puzzle pcs.

Good luck!
:)
I am absolutely THRILLED right now! I just bought my Quaker, Sparx, a walk-in aviary that I will use in place of her indoor cage. It's this cage:

A&E Walk In Parrot and Bird Aviaries

:dance4::laughing12::dance4::laughing12:

It is 7' L x 5' W x 7' H

I have always wanted an aviary, so I am just ecstatic! It will not be ready to ship out to me for another 4 days, but I have PLENTY to do before it gets here, so I am relieved that it is not shipping right away!

My only concern is the flooring.. Because I plan to use this indoors, I don't know what I will do about the floor and to keep the mess inside the cage..

The floor it will be on is concrete.

Allison just had a great idea of using like plywood that is cut to fit the inside of the aviary bottom and using linoleum sticky tiles on top the plywood so that I can wash it. I love that idea, and if you can think of any ideas, I would LOVE to hear them!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
very very nice...that is one spoiled rotten birdie

Spinderella

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chloe
That's a great idea, both the idea about those puzzle piece kid's floor things and the linoleum being laid down on the concrete!!!

Thanks, guys!!!!! :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That's a great idea, both the idea about those puzzle piece kid's floor things and the linoleum being laid down on the concrete!!!

Thanks, guys!!!!! :D
:lol: i wasted 200.00 on the puzzle piece idea for my small birdroom elsewhere .....cleaning seeds and poop from the crevices ....:eek::eek::eek:
a nightmare!
the kids enjoy it though...they make a fort out of it :rofl:

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
OMG, I was looking into the foam puzzle piece things.. I love these things! I could buy a color scheme and then make her cage floor look like a chess board!! :D

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe

:lol: i wasted 200.00 on the puzzle piece idea for my small birdroom elsewhere .....cleaning seeds and poop from the crevices ....:eek::eek::eek:
a nightmare!
the kids enjoy it though...they make a fort out of it :rofl:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no good!!!!!!! Thank you for telling me! =/ hahah, well at least it went to good use!!

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
And I really had my hopes up for the checkerboard pattern.. -sigh- Ah well! Linoleum it is, I guess!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
And I really had my hopes up for the checkerboard pattern.. -sigh- Ah well! Linoleum it is, I guess!
oh don't let me spoil your fun! It might just work for you!! :DSmell them though and get the brand that doesn't have a rubbery odor:D

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
This sounds promising:

Easy installation is one of laminate flooring's prime attributes. It's an "interlocking floating" floor, which means the floor tiles or planks attach to each other rather than to the subfloor. They attach via a tongue-and-groove, glueless system that makes it possible to install a laminate floor over virtually any existing floor (except high-pile carpet.) While a floating floor eliminates the need to prep a subfloor, it does require the use of an underlayment.
(And I would jsut skip the underlayment that they suggest)

Armstrong Flooring - Limestone - Linen Sand 8.3 mm Laminate Stone/Ceramic Look

I like that this stuff is tongue & groove - I don't need to glue it to plywood, I could just lay it down on the concrete and set the entire cage over it. Right?

And it looks like I could get the checkboard pattern with this stuff, too!!

Last edited:

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe

oh don't let me spoil your fun! It might just work for you!! :DSmell them though and get the brand that doesn't have a rubbery odor:D
Oh no, I am heeding your warning! I can just imagine the poop stuck in the crevices of a giant puzzle.. PHEW!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg! That is so cool,I would kill to be able to get that and actually have room for it,lol. I can not wait to see pics once its all set up,you are gonna have so much fun,decking it out with fun things.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
That is wonderful! A very nice big cage for your quaker! Its a home a quaker could dream to have:dance4: Cant wait to see pictures.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
Omg! That is so cool,I would kill to be able to get that and actually have room for it,lol. I can not wait to see pics once its all set up,you are gonna have so much fun,decking it out with fun things.
Oh I know,I can't even wait to get it all set up and filled with toys! :D

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Wow that's an awesome cage !!

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
wow Awsome and yep for sure you need another quaker in that cage lol , go for blueeeee :)

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
The least you could do is buy us each one of those!! I almost thought there for a minute it was stainless steel...

You certainly want whatever you put under it if it is not permanant flooring that is under it to exceed the boundry of the cage, if you put something down that is on the inside parameter then seed and such gunk will get in between the edges and of the cage bars there at the bottom on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.