• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sparx's New Aviary!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinderella

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chloe
I am absolutely THRILLED right now! I just bought my Quaker, Sparx, a walk-in aviary that I will use in place of her indoor cage. It's this cage:

A&E Walk In Parrot and Bird Aviaries

:dance4::laughing12::dance4::laughing12:

It is 7' L x 5' W x 7' H

I have always wanted an aviary, so I am just ecstatic! It will not be ready to ship out to me for another 4 days, but I have PLENTY to do before it gets here, so I am relieved that it is not shipping right away!

My only concern is the flooring.. Because I plan to use this indoors, I don't know what I will do about the floor and to keep the mess inside the cage..

The floor it will be on is concrete.

Allison just had a great idea of using like plywood that is cut to fit the inside of the aviary bottom and using linoleum sticky tiles on top the plywood so that I can wash it. I love that idea, and if you can think of any ideas, I would LOVE to hear them!!

Bethany

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
WOW! Spoiled little bird :D
That is awesome, I can't wait to see it all totally done!
I think the flooring idea you have now is good, I can't think of anything else..

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
She's going to have so much fun in there! You really do need another quaker in there though. :lol:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
WOW!! What a lucky little birdie!! :D I'm not so good on flooring but I think Allison's idea sounds great!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Wow that is really nice!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is an amazing aviary!

Matt

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
She's going to have so much fun in there! You really do need another quaker in there though. :lol:
LOL! This is what my friend Nicole keeps telling me! Hahahah! I think if I have the time once everything I have going on now is done with, I will foster a birdie from PAEP to see how they get along...

Maybe a Blue Quakie? :D

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
WOW! Spoiled little bird :D
That is awesome, I can't wait to see it all totally done!
I think the flooring idea you have now is good, I can't think of anything else..
:D I can't even WAIT to outfit this new cage with toys! The options are going to be ENDLESS!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to walk INSIDE her cage and put the toys in. I have ALWAYS wanted a bird cage big enough that I can walk into!!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I Love it Angie!!!:dance4::dance4::dance4:

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wow congrats!!:highfive:
GREEN UGLY JEALOUS SMILEY:D
Can't wait to see it all fixed up. I would be walking on air right now.:dancing:

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
Wow congrats!!:highfive:
GREEN UGLY JEALOUS SMILEY:D
Can't wait to see it all fixed up. I would be walking on air right now.:dancing:
LOL!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO THRILLED!!!!!!!! I can't wait to clean it! It's ganna be SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait to show you it all fixed up!! :D :D Dlskmfkosjfioewjtrioewj!!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I agree with Allisons idea, or instead of tile you could use shower board or someting similar.
Great cage!!! I hope to have something like that for my girls someday!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm jealous too. Some day. :)

4Z Birds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Donna
Oh my, I'm green with envy! Beautiful!!!

Rather than cut plywood to fit inside the cage, I'd prefer the plywood/tiled area to fit under the cage so there's no groove for debris. Just tile an 8' sheet of plywood. It'd be easier.

To contain the mess inside the cage, I would layer paper in a way that the top layer can be folded in and removed. At the walls, fold up about 3-4" on the edges of the paper to help contain the debris.

Are you planning to use this as a night cage too? If so, you might want to partition an area of retreat. What size cage is Sparx currently in?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
My friend said get Trafficmaster by Armstrong. You can get it to look like slate, and it hides the mess. She said she put it down over 5 years ago, and it still looks new. Home Depot or Lowes carries it.

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
Oh my, I'm green with envy! Beautiful!!!

Rather than cut plywood to fit inside the cage, I'd prefer the plywood/tiled area to fit under the cage so there's no groove for debris. Just tile an 8' sheet of plywood. It'd be easier.

To contain the mess inside the cage, I would layer paper in a way that the top layer can be folded in and removed. At the walls, fold up about 3-4" on the edges of the paper to help contain the debris.

Are you planning to use this as a night cage too? If so, you might want to partition an area of retreat. What size cage is Sparx currently in?
That is a great idea, doi! I was wondering how the heck I planned on cutting it to fit inside.. haha!

Thank you!

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
My friend said get Trafficmaster by Armstrong. You can get it to look like slate, and it hides the mess. She said she put it down over 5 years ago, and it still looks new. Home Depot or Lowes carries it.
Is that lineoleum? I went to Homedepot.com and searched for Trafficmaster and all types of flooring came up, from carpet tiles to vinyl/fake wood floor.

Also, is it new "vinyl" flooring that gives off chemicals that kills birds? Or is that linoleum? I always thought that was vinyl, but then I just found out vinyl flooring is that fake wood stuff..

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I love it! Something like that would be great for the twins, Augie and Aubrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.