• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Something is wrong with Breeze and need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Yep checking in for an update :)

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
No updates?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Maybe no news is good news?

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
She may have left the vets to go home, I think its a bit of a drive back to WVA.

Jazzysmama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm trying to type everything and it keeps freezing or I lose it. I'm trying, give me a few mins. I haven't been home long, I'm tired, have had no sleep, Braden kept me awake with his snoring. LOL. I have a sick little baby and I'm going to try for the third time to post again what is wrong.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm trying to type everything and it keeps freezing or I lose it. I'm trying, give me a few mins. I haven't been home long, I'm tired, have had no sleep, Braden kept me awake with his snoring. LOL. I have a sick little baby and I'm going to try for the third time to post again what is wrong.
:nervous:

post in notepad and then copy/paste to aa?

Last edited:

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
When we walked in the office I was telling Breeze, "we're going to use our inside voice, we are going to use our manners, we're going to be nice, and NO potty words." Ppl must have thought I've done lost it, maybe I have. LOL.

He is considered a petite size quaker, small for one. Don't have all the documents in front of me to give weight and meds. WBC is 6300, another number was high too, said it could be stress or infection. Had his blood taken for sexing too. I just think it's a he. I showed him how thin and tiny his poop always is. elise said, "if I see that, then I say the bird is not eating!" But he does eat! He's never been a big eater and his poop has always been that size. Dr. Mohan said, then we may be looking at a whole new ball field, PDD. At that point, I was ready to lose it and cry, I was invisioning me losing my whole flock. We discussed the testing, so many false results and he said something about the fact that it might not show if he wasn't shedding it? He was throwing so much at me in an hours time. He said, let's just see what we find today. Okay. Poop and throat was looking okay. I said, there HAS to be something somewhere, the odor is horrendous. He said he'd flush his crop, draw the fluid out and look at it on a slide or under the scope. It stressed Breeze so bad one half of his body was jerking and a wing, the leg on that same side was stuck out in the air, his eyes were going shut and I yelled for Dr. Mohan. Breeze slowly perked up and he said that was very stressful for him. I was scared to death when he did that. He put Breeze in his carrier and left to go check the crop fluid. Breeze yelled out, two words I can't say and also added, "I'll kick your - - -! Braden was cracking up laughing and I was trying to whisper to them both to hush that stuff.:mad: Breeze was mad at that point. Braden held him to cuddle him but he hopped on my shoulder and hid under my cheek. He came back and said, "I found something, BUT, I found TWO things, he has two different infections going on.:eek: He said he found clumps of Candida, yeast I know and the bacteria he looked at said it is an ecoli looking type of bacteria. I clean his veggies so good, I was shocked. Cultures will be ready on Sat. aft. He is on two different kinds of drops and Breeze just lays there and takes them like it's nothing! The office was full of Amazons. coming back he was quiet til we were half way home, then it all started again. Suddenly I've got amazon noises coming from the back seat.:rofl: He is so tired, poor baby. Got his beak smoothed out, he hated it. He came from a nasty basement breeder that said, "they're only birds.":mad::mad::mad: To me, he's MY BABY! He broke his tail feathers again, one was hanging and he chewed it off. He was trying to chew a toenail off too today. He has abnormal toenails on both feet, two or three and he said mom or dad probably chewed them and two other siblings have the same problem. She let them nest in cedar chips.:eek: He said that it's possible that Breeze has had this since he was a baby, probably not, but possible. I'm hoping these drops are the ones that will work for these infections, I'll know Saturday. This bill killed me, I told my son, I can't keep up with these bills right now, it's killing me.:(

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What a day for you! The good news is that he's identified what it is, and its not the worst cage scenario. :hug8:Hoping for a speedy recovery!

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor Breeze! I don't know exactly how old Breeze is but this could be something that he's been harboring for quite a while and it is just now overtaking his immune system. If I were you I would get some avian probiotics ASAP. It will help him digest food, clear up the watery stools, boost his immune system, etc. I use Avi-culture, the small jar is $11 shipped to your door. :hug8:

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
My fear right now though is that I've used up the money on my credit card with these vet bills and if my mother passes away on me which is due to happen soon I'm not going to have the money to travel to get to her funeral. But I couldn't let Breeze suffer either. I'm stressing over that til I get the money replaced back into our accounts. I'm tired and I'm just worrying over everything right now.:(

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh I'm sorry! But I'm glad you have meds for him. One of my birds tipping over and sticking parts out would have had me crying!!! I have had scares of PDD checks when trying to figure out stuff like Giggie's plucking but tests always come out negative. You should consult with Dr. Orosz if you are worried. She has done extensive research and can reassure you about a few things. :hug8::hug8::hug8:

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Poor Breeze! I don't know exactly how old Breeze is but this could be something that he's been harboring for quite a while and it is just now overtaking his immune system. If I were you I would get some avian probiotics ASAP. It will help him digest food, clear up the watery stools, boost his immune system, etc. I use Avi-culture, the small jar is $11 shipped to your door. :hug8:

Where do I get this from? thanks!

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
:sadhug: oh hon, Im so sorry you're going through all this stress and worry. I hope that Breeze perks up soon and gets all the results back as something treatable. Many good tboughts for you and your family.

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Can I use avi-culture on top of his antibiotics?

Status
Not open for further replies.