• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Something is wrong with Breeze and need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzysmama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Grrr, I'm ready to panic here and I'm trying not to. I got an appt. with the avian vet for tomorrow morning, he's not in today but it's all falling through. I'm going to have to get a rental car and of all times, none are available in town. Update: Just found one care available, thank God. I hate this rental company but I'll take anything I can get right now. This is the earliest I can get Breeze help. I hope and pray he is okay til then. I've never heard of this before , this is totally new to me. Never seen this symptom. A couple days ago I was standing beside Breeze's cage, one of my sons was standing by me and I immediately thought it was my son. I said, Caleb, go brush your teeth, you have onion breath. He said, "it's not me!". Today my oldest, Braden was holding him and said, "breeze you stink". I said, hand breeze to me and I stuck my nose up against his neck and he REAPS with the same smell a person with onion breath has. It about made me get sick and vomit. The smell is really bad and really strong. I called the vet, they said possible bacterial infection? I just caught him trying to reguritate something up he swallowed it back down. I caught this last week and thought he was just regurgitating to his shadow in the door and he's been nesty. What ever is wrong has been going on a week so I feel like I'm on a time limit to get him help before it gets so bad that it could take his life. Has anyone here heard of a bird putting off this odor? I'm going to be traveling in "severe" thunder storms, red boxes are listed for our area of storms but I have to get Breeze to the vet asap and chance the storms. I don't like driving in this bad weather. I'm going to be at a hotel with him tonight so I can be at the vet first thing tomorrow morning. If something happens in the night there, I can call his emergency line and hopefully he'd meet me at his office at an off hour. Has any member ever experienced this kind of odor in their sick bird? I'll check back tonight from my hotel room. Thanks for any info you can give me.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Normally for mine that is a yeast infection...how is his weight? HUGS!!!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
What about Dr. Oglesbee? Can you go to another vet or ask them to board Breeze for you and check him before tomorrow without an appointment. I have dropped mine off at Dr. Orosz in Toledo and they got her in...

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hoping he will be ok :hug8:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
My avian vet is Dr. Patton in Charleston. Is that far from you? Do you have any apple cider vinegar to put in his water? Afraid to suggest anything, I'm just not that knowledgable. :hug8::hug8:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
When Korbel has a bacterial infection I can smell it on his breath bad. It is like sour apple smell to me but my husband says a loaf of bread. When it is yeast the smell is different to me. Hopefully is will be a small easy thing. If it were me I would put a few drops of ACV into the water until you see the vet. Papaya, coconut oil, cayenne pepper, avipow all may help to control yeast or bacteria until tomorrow for you.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hoping he is ok, please be careful driving. :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Hoping all turns out well for both you and Breeze. :hug8:

Jazzysmama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm finally at the vet in Columbus at the hotel and Mr. Breeze has pretty much blown my sanity. lol. He has really shown himself, we found out how much he loves to travel. This is not a bread smell or fruit smell, it's like onion or garlic. It's so strong I can't stand it, it turns my stomach. Was going to try acv but don't have the kind on hand you must use. And I am afraid it would alter his test results, I've never dealt with this before. Can't use the vet in toledo, too far of a drive to have gotten there today in time. I've thought of the vet in charleston but been hearing some things about them that I don't care for. Traveling to the vet in columbus is actually cheaper than the vet in charleston, plus...the vet is going to let me bill the cost and make payments. Jewel took a big hunk out of my emergency vet fund. I really need to be able to bill the costs til I pay my emergency vet fund back up. OMG does he have a mouth with other ppl. :eek: I'm trying to call the avian vet to get the appt. and breeze has his mouth to the reciever coughing like a dying person. I guess he wanted them to think he was dying that moment.:rofl: I ordered lunch at the drive thru, the guy hands me the bag, breeze yells "thank you" to him. I busted out laughing, the guy asked if something was wrong, I said no, my bird just told you thank you for the order. He said, "oh", could tell he wasn't impressed but I was busting loose giggling. I was going through the traffic light and it turned red before I got all the way through it and he must have known what I was going to say cause he instantly yells S_ _ T!!! I said, "breeze, mama doesn't need a back seat driver and he said, "Okay!" I hit a drive thru for dinner and he's throwing smooches to the guy at the intercom. The employee called me gorgeous and breeze started woof whistling. We had a FedEx truck pass us and breeze yelled DA_N! Bad! I threatened to put him on that truck and have him dropped off at Kristen's work place and again he said, Okay! I was trying to clean up his travel cage and he told me, "I'll get that!" His mouth has run nonstop since I left today. When we first put him in the car he started his potty mouth which I can't repeat that. Kids, grrr, they thought it was so funny to teach him stuff. He better be really polite for the vet or I'm gonna hide under the chair in embarassment. Finally, he is asleep for the night and I can have some peace, he is worn out and he is off his sleep schedule.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I hope all goes well at the vets. Sending healing energy to Breeze.:hug8:

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Sounds like you made the best of the day! Hope things go well tomorrow. :hug8:

You'll have to PM about Dr Patton, I really would like to know!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Wow, he is hilarious! :rofl: Hopefully, a sign that he is not feeling too under the weather and that things will be fine. :hug8:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
You can also try Animal Care Unlimited. Theyre in Upper Arlington! I hope breeze is okay!!!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
What a little hoot! Sounds so cute. I hope its something a quick round of antibiotics or perhaps a tic-tac can fix!;)

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
:lol: @ Breeze on the trip!

:hug8::hug8::hug8: Hope everything goes good at the vets

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Gotta love those quakers :heart: Hopefully you get quick answers and its nothing serious. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.