• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some of my reps (and other exotics)

Percy&Ivan

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm confused how you ever go on vacation or trips!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Love the names you have for them all. My favorites are the chameleons. I've never had an interest in snakes. I don't bother the non venomous ones that come through my yard…

Lestat

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa-Marie
I don't go on holiday lol, I lost my chameleon a few weeks ago :( old age got to her

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
How sad you lost your chameleon. They don't live that long do they? You do a nice job taking pictures of your reptiles.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
How sad you lost your chameleon. They don't live that long do they? You do a nice job taking pictures of your reptiles.
As long as disease doesn't hit them and they have proper care many have quite decent lifespans (I guess it depends on what you consider a short lifespan). Chameleons are neat but too much humidity requirements and ventilation requirements for my liking. Unfortunately, we can't keep our pets forever regardless.

Sorry for your loss :sorrow: @Lestat

Lestat

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa-Marie
We never knew her real age as she was a rescue, they thought she was at least 1. Her original owner thought she was a Yemen and hadn't looked after her properly, she had half a tail and they told the rescue she lost it because she couldn't shed properly (she never had a problem shedding when I had her). I had her for 2 1/2 years and she laid 4 clutches of infertile eggs (she was never bred, but the females will stilll lay eggs), laying can shorten their lifespan. I noticed she started slowing down a bit, the vet said there was nothing wrong with her she was just coming to the end of her life :( she was a grumpy thing lol

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
You have a very nice collection :)

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
We never knew her real age as she was a rescue, they thought she was at least 1. Her original owner thought she was a Yemen and hadn't looked after her properly, she had half a tail and they told the rescue she lost it because she couldn't shed properly (she never had a problem shedding when I had her). I had her for 2 1/2 years and she laid 4 clutches of infertile eggs (she was never bred, but the females will stilll lay eggs), laying can shorten their lifespan. I noticed she started slowing down a bit, the vet said there was nothing wrong with her she was just coming to the end of her life :( she was a grumpy thing lol
Glad you never had issues with shedding. :heart:

The only lizard I've ever come across from someone who didn't want it that infuriated me was a leopard gecko yrs ago. No charges were pressed. Seeing as it lost most of its toes and it was more than a little inconvenient getting the stuck shed from the rest of the toes off along with being emaciated I feel as the owner should have been held accountable. I'm not sure if he ever made a full recovery as I only helped the first couple weeks after he was re-homed initially. Still sad, I'm happy your chameleon got a second chance regardless of how long you had it.
;)

Lestat

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa-Marie
One of my leos was a nightmare shedder as a youngster and lost a few toes despite best efforts to remove stuck shed, she's 8 now and hasn't had a problem since she was young thankfully. I have another female that always gets shed stuck on her toes but luckily I've had no issues removing it. It doesn't matter how much i raise the humidity it always gets stuck to her toes.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
One of my leos was a nightmare shedder as a youngster and lost a few toes despite best efforts to remove stuck shed, she's 8 now and hasn't had a problem since she was young thankfully. I have another female that always gets shed stuck on her toes but luckily I've had no issues removing it. It doesn't matter how much i raise the humidity it always gets stuck to her toes.
I think I had to remove shed from my beardie's toys a few times over the years. I wasn't too surprised there, with the higher temp environment and UV lighting. With a bath and TLC they always come off easily.

Charity921

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Charity
I have a female leo with several toes missing from the very early days.... she is my daughter's pet, and sometimes we had some difficulty with "responsibility." We also had a lot to learn about soaking and sheds. It doesn't seem to bother her much, and she is now over 9 years old.

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
Vetis looks very similar to my Pueblan Milksnake Vecna.
Not quite as yellow however. Another of those species that are mimicing the color patterns of the Coral snake.

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I love tarantulas! Currently I don't have any but I've owned 2 in the past 5-6 years. One was a male Mexican Fire Leg who passed away of old age at the ripe old age of 5. The other was a rescued female Chilean Rose who also passed away of presumed old age (it's hard to tell as she was fully grown when I got her)
The Fire Leg was skittish but loved food more than anything, he used to get so excited for food! The Chilean Rose was super, super docile, one of the most docile tarantulas I've ever met.