1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some of my reps (and other exotics)

Discussion in 'Herp Haven' started by Lestat, 4/25/16.

1. Percy&Ivan

Percy&Ivan Rollerblading along the road Shutterbugs' Best

I'm confused how you ever go on vacation or trips!

2. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Andrea
    Love the names you have for them all. My favorites are the chameleons. I've never had an interest in snakes. I don't bother the non venomous ones that come through my yard…

Percy&Ivan likes this.
  3. Lestat

Lestat Strolling the yard

Lisa-Marie
    I don't go on holiday lol, I lost my chameleon a few weeks ago :( old age got to her

Percy&Ivan likes this.
  4. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Andrea
    How sad you lost your chameleon. They don't live that long do they? You do a nice job taking pictures of your reptiles.

Lestat likes this.
  5. MandaExotics

MandaExotics Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Amanda
    As long as disease doesn't hit them and they have proper care many have quite decent lifespans (I guess it depends on what you consider a short lifespan). Chameleons are neat but too much humidity requirements and ventilation requirements for my liking. Unfortunately, we can't keep our pets forever regardless.

Sorry for your loss :sorrow: @Lestat

Lestat likes this.
  6. Lestat

Lisa-Marie
    We never knew her real age as she was a rescue, they thought she was at least 1. Her original owner thought she was a Yemen and hadn't looked after her properly, she had half a tail and they told the rescue she lost it because she couldn't shed properly (she never had a problem shedding when I had her). I had her for 2 1/2 years and she laid 4 clutches of infertile eggs (she was never bred, but the females will stilll lay eggs), laying can shorten their lifespan. I noticed she started slowing down a bit, the vet said there was nothing wrong with her she was just coming to the end of her life :( she was a grumpy thing lol

7. Tyrion

Tyrion Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Annette Thompson
    You have a very nice collection :)

Lestat likes this.
  8. MandaExotics

Amanda
    Glad you never had issues with shedding. :heart:

The only lizard I've ever come across from someone who didn't want it that infuriated me was a leopard gecko yrs ago. No charges were pressed. Seeing as it lost most of its toes and it was more than a little inconvenient getting the stuck shed from the rest of the toes off along with being emaciated I feel as the owner should have been held accountable. I'm not sure if he ever made a full recovery as I only helped the first couple weeks after he was re-homed initially. Still sad, I'm happy your chameleon got a second chance regardless of how long you had it.
    ;)

Lestat likes this.
  9. Lestat

Lisa-Marie
    One of my leos was a nightmare shedder as a youngster and lost a few toes despite best efforts to remove stuck shed, she's 8 now and hasn't had a problem since she was young thankfully. I have another female that always gets shed stuck on her toes but luckily I've had no issues removing it. It doesn't matter how much i raise the humidity it always gets stuck to her toes.

MandaExotics likes this.
  10. MandaExotics

Amanda
    I think I had to remove shed from my beardie's toys a few times over the years. I wasn't too surprised there, with the higher temp environment and UV lighting. With a bath and TLC they always come off easily.

Lestat likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)