• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

slow typing on android

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Im on the Galaxy S4 now but had the same issue on my S3. For some reason, no matter what browser or keyboard I use, my typing on AA is delayed enough where if I dont stop typing after every word, my cursor and predictive text gets confused and jumbles everything together. I only have this issue here. All other websites I have no problem typing in. It takes me several minutes to write anything at all and honestly makes it not worth the effort to post at all.

Anyone else having this issue?

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
OMG YES!

At first using Chrome fixed it, but after a couple weeks it is back to doing this crap. It literally takes me like 5 minutes to type a single response. Anyone notice me being less active here? THIS IS WHY!

Grr.

Without pausing this is the same message as I've very slowly typed above:

OMG YES!

At first using rome ixed the pm, but after the first couple wewks it is back to thi rap. It literally tiels me 5 minutes to typea single response. Anyone notice me being s active e? THIS IS WHY!

Grr

Bailey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
So frustrating. :mad:

InTheAir

Real Name
Claire
I have the same problem on my s4. Cursor jumps to different spots if I try to use predictive text or paste. It's only here.
For some reason it is working perfectly right now and making me a liar!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I agree. It takes me forever to utter a single response. Drives me insane. Makes me wish for Tapatalk support again! It's nice having all the fun features here on the website, but not when I cant reply to anything.

InTheAir

Real Name
Claire
I have given up on quite a few replies here! I like using my phone for forums.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Snap! Very frustrating
(I have the Google Nexus 4)

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I have a galaxy s4 and have not had any problems with it typing or posting here.

LyleMoody

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Lyle Moody
really i am too the victim of the same trouble coming out of the android version OS .. is there any solution any has got yet ?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
The only time I have had it happen is when I am on wifi on my phone and on a slow connection

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
The only time I have had it happen is when I am on wifi on my phone and on a slow connection
Same here. :) When you're having this issue, check the connection bar at the top. If it's really low, that's probably why.

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
I have this problem on my tablet at home (Toshiba Excite). We have DSL and wi-fi and I have a pretty good connection, but this forum is horrible for it and I have to remember to type slow and allow pauses between each word. I'm on several other forums of different types and have no problem with them using the same connection.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I have an S4. When I click post reply - I usually have to press it more than once - it seems like my phone just doesn't want to submit it.

Phone must be a dog/cat person and is against parrots.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have an S4. When I click post reply - I usually have to press it more than once - it seems like my phone just doesn't want to submit it.

Phone must be a dog/cat person and is against parrots.
That happens to me quite a lot. :rofl:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

I'm currently connected at 5 bars on my 30 mb home connection and still facing the issue. I've had the issue with both Sprint and Verizon cellular connections also.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can I say one thing? Getting attitude doesnt make me want to help. It is really frustrating for me too when something doesnt work. Can I just request when there is an issue, just ask me about it?

I will try putting that app back but it will have to be removed if it ends up causing issues.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Can I say one thing? Getting attitude doesnt make me want to help. It is really frustrating for me too when something doesnt work. Can I just request when there is an issue, just ask me about it?

I will try putting that app back but it will have to be removed if it ends up causing issues.
Thanks for giving it a go!

I'm not sure where the attitude is at or even if you are talking about my posts but I can assure you that I didn't mean any disrespect or was making any blows. I was simply bringing an issue up that I was having with the forum and wasn't sure if it was something I was doing wrong or if it was more widespread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bailey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I wasn't giving any attitude, just a small rant not directed at anyone. ;)

It does not matter how strong or weak my internet connection is. I also have to press reply buttons repeatedly, and sometimes when I press 'like' the report post pop-up shows. I think for some reason the forum thinks that it is on a different page section. :confused:

Anywho, I'm happy with whatever solution..as long as my phone is usable on the forum. :D