• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

slow typing on android

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
The forum is a thousand times nicer on tapatalk that I could never imagine wanting to use it again. I guess I will put up with the occasional lag in posting until zenforo comes out with a fix for it then go back to tapatalk ;)

InTheAir

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Claire
My wifi connection at home is terribly slow, that probably explains why I have problems.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I do prefer to not use Tapatalk. I would rather use the browser. Tapatalk is limited and I like having access to all of the features on the website. It's just the issue of being able to reply at all that was bugging me.

If it costs money or causes problems, I'll deal without Tapatalk support. It's not a necessity to my life.

Sorry I said anything.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Its fine that you said something - I do want the issue fixed, believe me!!

It is extra frustrating because we know its an issue and no one seems to have been able to pinpoint what causes it, therefore they have no solution. Its just upsetting to me when I read the "venting" posts - it cost a lot to make the changes we did and to have some issues was expected, but hard not to feel defensive about it when its not "constructive." Its like showing someone your beautiful new home and hearing how they dont like the color of your carpet or the furniture you bought ;)

Now that Ive managed to get rid of the banner tapatalk puts on my mobile devices its easier to deal with. So unless it causes an issue I can leave it,; it seems they have addressed some of the big ones but of course we wont leave it active if something major comes up.

Bailey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I'm sorry you felt offended. :( I really really love the new AA setup; it is wonderful. I'm just upset I can't use it except for on my computer. Lol. It doesn't kill me to use it the way I have been; it just makes me very selective with what posts I choose to make because it takes so long to make them. :p

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Been wondering why some of my forums also type REALLY slow on my tablet, and others are fine as well and it's not just here so may be some flaw in Android or common browsers. Mine also will just start typing backwards all of a sudden and I have to futze around with it and try things till it decides to go the right direction again, nobody has mentioned that one so maybe I'm "special" Sorry again if it gets you upset but till this thread just figured it was something I had to put up with when using a non Microsoft OS and Tablet device.
If you have anything you'd like me to try out or any info that would help I'd be happy to do what I can.
I've been using FireFox for Android here and haven't really messed with any of the other browsers out there though my Tablet has some kind of built in one and I did try Dolphin for a while but like FF better as I'm used to the way it's laid out.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Well my issue doesn't appear to be with the forum. It's with the USER of the forum.

I had issues trying to get into my regular e-mail account today.

So much for the new Galaxy 4 telephone. They should have placed a warning on it. Just because you can operate the first Galaxy does NOT mean the old person can operate the new version of same phone. Hubby assured me the learniing curve wouldn't be hard . . . .. he did NOT tell me the learning curve would be upside down and just when I thought I could operate it - I'd slide right off into nothingness. . . . . .

AND a VERY HUMBLE apology is extended to the folks that made the new forum happen. I am grateful to have this forum to watch, listen and learn from.

Sorry, sorry, sorry if I offended anyone.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anyone that has issues typing here (or on other sites), you can also try setting your preferences to the basic editor also. That has helped some, though the drag is then you dont have the formatting and smilies and stuff. Its something you can switch back & forth though so if you are mobile it can be set to basic and then back on your computer you can switch back to advanced (unfortunately it wont remember for each device so youd have to manually switch it).

The prefs to set this for AA are here: http://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?account/preferences
Its under options - uncheck (or re-check) "use the rich text editor"

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Sorry, I didn't meant to vent and offend here - just agreeing I had the issue too.

Thanks for pointing out the preference change available. I was going to bring up that the more moving smilies there were in a thread, the worst my typing experience is (I noticed this last night) - so I will try to make that change tonight.

Bailey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I tried it. I think it helped. :D I know most of the smilies I use anyway and the format to bold, italicize, etc, so this is great!

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
same prob on my HTC , I use my Galaxy note tablet..works better :)

sodakat

Real Name
Kathy
Jill, I just followed your suggestions and the difference is incredible. This is on my laptop, btw instead of my phone. Thank you! I should add that the delay just started for me yesterday, December 12th so maybe there was another reason also. Anyway, I now have rich text editing disabled and things are wonderful.