1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sigh....new nest-cam

Discussion in 'Toys & Cages Bypass' started by saroj12, 8/9/18.

1. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    rudy was playing bowl near it. Amazingly it still works, but I need to reorder cords and definitely deter him from the wires. 452245B9-A7C5-4CD5-A3F2-BA8576D73D8F.jpeg 641E75E3-F30C-46AC-871C-55C6BDED3B8D.jpeg

TikiMyn and rockoko like this.
  2. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Martine
    :faint: oh Rudy!!!

saroj12 likes this.
  3. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Elaine
    :naughty:Rudy tudy.

saroj12 likes this.
  4. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    I have another unopened one I was going to gift but I need the cord

11ADBB30-0FA6-4256-B862-2E5BDBFACC56.jpeg

Sarahmoluccan and rockoko like this.
  5. Lodah

Lodah Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Glad its not high voltage! Perhaps he ate an electron or two! :) Looks like he ate just into the magnetic sheathing! Just tape it up!

saroj12 likes this.
  6. saroj12

saroj
    I know! The whole time the bowl was rattling so I thought he was busy playing! I’ll have my oh splice it tomorrow. Or just tape it up like you say. I don’t know where he keeps the electrical tape or I would myself.

rockoko likes this.
  7. saroj12

saroj
    P.s. it wasn’t on when he chewed it.

Lodah and rockoko like this.
  8. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Wendy
    Oh...oh...

saroj12 likes this.
  9. Dartman

Dartman Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Terry
    Looks like he mainly chewed into the outer ground braid around the real power and signal wires. That's why it still works luckily enough for you and I doubt the voltages in them would hurt him. I bet you can find or order replacement parts on their site or on eBay to replace it if you want. I have many things slightly chewed that still work thanks to Nerd, Lurch and Dobby. We had rabbits for a while and they would chew plugged in ac cords and never got fried and house never burned down somehow.

saroj12 likes this.
  10. saroj12

saroj
    yes, i found replacement cords on Amazon. Rabbits chewed up live wires? wow!

Clueless likes this.
  11. Dartman

Terry
    Yep, do a search for rabbits as a house pet and you'll see lots of horror stories about them and any type of cords. They do learn to use a catbox nicely though and they love hanging out and getting pets depending on the individual and how bonded and socialized they are much like our fids.

saroj12 and Lodah like this.
  12. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Bianca (My grandbunny) ate Christmas lights in two. Ate her mom's computer cord in two. Chewed off buttons on TV remote. And on and on.

13. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

RUDY YOU SILLY BOY!!!!

14. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

He pretended to play with the bowl so you wouldn't know what he was really doing.
    Very naughty boy. You need some cord protectors.

saroj12 and Clueless like this.
  15. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Sadie
    I wonder if you could feed the wire through a small PVC pipe to keep that inquisitive beak out.

saroj12 and Eloy like this.
  16. Dartman

Terry
    There are all kinds of cord protectors for sale since businesses are always running cords all over and trying to protect or hide them, plus I'm sure pet specific versions it's just figuring out what works best for your situation and critter.

Peachfaced, saroj12 and Eloy like this.
  17. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    That is what I do, or through a thicker silicone tube.
    I also find out that they hate to chew on aluminum, so I also cover wire in aluminum foil.

saroj12 likes this.
  18. saroj12

saroj
    thanks folks! I'll look into my options :)
    @Eloy i know a caique who ingested aluminum foil and died :(

19. saroj12

saroj
  20. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    They can die from a lot of stuff if they ingested it, but aluminum is safe as a metal. (not toxic)
    And what is working for one isn't working for another, that's why I gave you 3 advices for protection.
    I have also had luck with cover wire/cords with thicker cotton fabric. Everything that works is good as long as they not can chew at any cords.

Clueless and saroj12 like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)