• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shredding Toys

ThisLittleBird

Meeting neighbors
I do not trust toilet paper rolls because the paper is recycled and you don't know the original source. My two shred just about anything. They especially love the edges of platform perches. Have you noticed female budgies shred more than the males?
I agree.. also there is a glue that hold together most paper towel rolls.. sometimes you can't see it, but its there

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
The glue is food grade

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
The glue is food grade
Sigh.
Yes.

The glue is food grade. It is.... paste of some sort. Wheat paste? I forget. T he glue is perfectly safe, I would worry a lot more about boxes that have existed in some warehouse where maybe they spray pesticides.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
If you are worried about glue, here is my answer make your own, DYI. Cornstarch or flour, water. In a small bowl put in a couple of tablespoons of flour or starch, add water slowly until you get a tacky substance. These are all bird safe and what I use in projects for the clinic.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Try Dixie paper cups for the bathroom. Put a treat in the bottom of the cup, add some shred from Dollar Tree, fold the top over like this )( .You can tack the top together with glue above or knotted with jute sewn through the cup.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
If you are worried about glue, here is my answer make your own, DYI. Cornstarch or flour, water. In a small bowl put in a couple of tablespoons of flour or starch, add water slowly until you get a tacky substance. These are all bird safe and what I use in projects for the clinic.
Also a good first aid thing!;) I always keep some on hand. Didn't know that flour glue would be safe! Good to know. I've used it paper mache before.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I have use ground almond flour, spelt flour, but I tend to stick to cornstarch or unbleached white flour.