• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Should I take in these two budgies?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Wow, you're just a budgie magnet this week, huh? Well, I'm glad that you keep finding these guys (or maybe they find you!). These little babies are gonna have it so good once they get all fixed up and settled in. You are amazing :hug8:

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, you're just a budgie magnet this week, huh? Well, I'm glad that you keep finding these guys (or maybe they find you!). These little babies are gonna have it so good once they get all fixed up and settled in. You are amazing :hug8:
I think these poor little birds are the amazing ones, going through all they've had to deal with! Sweet teensy babies. They make Kraz look huge. :xflove:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I better get on buying that Critter Nation. Three residents and two with permanent disabilities! Gonna be a whole lot of platform perches and fleece!
Walmart has fleece blankets for 2.50$ each (probably different where you are, I don't know Canadian prices lol), I cut those up into squares for little blankets or whatever. For how cheap they are they're fantastic.
Sweet teensy babies. They make Kraz look huge. :xflove:
I feel the same when I see other birds, I could see a sun conure and go "Whoa, large baby!", to me anything bigger than a lovebird is huge, lol. And macaws and toos are just mini dinosaurs in my eyes :lol:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have an admission to make: I just went to meet the one-legged budgie. I was already pretty interested in taking her when I saw what she was living in (one of those stupid curly tiny cages that are no good for anything but plants).

But then the guy goes, "I was going to keep the other one, but my kids are getting bored of birds so you can have that one too for free if you want". And he brings out this beautiful little pale yellow budgie with a VERY obvious respiratory infection.

So, long story short, I now have three budgies at the vet.

And I threw that cage in the nearest dumpster on my way home.
Will you be keeping them all?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Walmart has fleece blankets for 2.50$ each (probably different where you are, I don't know Canadian prices lol), I cut those up into squares for little blankets or whatever. For how cheap they are they're fantastic.

I feel the same when I see other birds, I could see a sun conure and go "Whoa, large baby!", to me anything bigger than a lovebird is huge, lol. And macaws and toos are just mini dinosaurs in my eyes :lol:
I considered Taco huge for all of a week when we first met, now he's just my little tortilla bird. At this point only ostriches look big to me, LOL

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
one of those stupid curly tiny cages that are no good for anything but plants
:think1: Huh? I'm not quite picturing it, but I bet there's one on the Funny Used Cages thread. :rolleyes:

Green, blue and yellow...looks like I have Soleil, Ciel and Terre after all!
:cantwait: I love it! And you thought choosing a name would be hard. Turns out you just needed more budgies! :joyful:

But isn't three a bad number for budgies? :chin:Can't wait to meet your fourth that life will be sending you. bats lashes.gif Mer perhaps?

Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awww they sound like 3 beauties!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
After reading 10 pages..... all I can think is "Wow". What a story. Three lucky little budgies. And what Nikomania said... some of the people make me sick. Sick. Sick. Anyhow - can't wait to see pics!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Having these particular budgies together may not be so bad. Could be they bond. You will have to observe carefully that one does not get picked on.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
:think1: Huh? I'm not quite picturing it, but I bet there's one on the Funny Used Cages thread. :rolleyes:

:cantwait: I love it! And you thought choosing a name would be hard. Turns out you just needed more budgies! :joyful:

But isn't three a bad number for budgies? :chin:Can't wait to meet your fourth that life will be sending you. View attachment 305258 Mer perhaps?

I'm pretty sure it was this exact same cage:

yuck.png

I literally got a full-body chill when I saw it. Such a dangerous cage, not to mention tiny. I wouldn't even put a fake bird in it; it might give people the wrong idea. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Oh yeah, I forgot about budgie flock dynamics...well, maybe another little fid in need will come along! I don't want the two who came together to gang up on Terre. They're just babies but they've still been together so they may be bonded. This will require some thinking!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
So as it turns out, little yellow Soleil may not be the one budgie with no disabilities. The vet told me she not only has the respiratory infection I noticed, but she's also got conjunctivitis and may be blind. Not sure what it's from yet, but she mentioned that cigarette smoke can be a factor and the house I got them from REEKED of cigarettes. Like we're talking chain smoking plumes.

Little one-legged Ciel also has a respiratory infection, but it doesn't seem to be as bad as Soleil's yet.

Good thing they're at the vet!!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh no, i will pray they pull through. Are they on oxygen?

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Man, you sure don't get the easy ones. But they are in the best care they could possibly get- I'm so glad you care for them so much even though you just met them. Chirp and I are sending good thoughts to you and the budgies :hug8:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Another not-great update, but the vet said that Ciel's leg looks more like the result of a traumatic amputation than a birth defect. :shifty:

On the other hand, they're all very sweet and chipper little birds.