• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Secret Santa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
Can't wait to do it again! Missed last year, but can't wait for this year :reindeer2:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Do you know if you tend to get paired up with someone who has "around" the same number of birds as you or is it just random?
From memory, it appeared random.

I think one of the only thing we had to specify is whether we were willing to have an international match up, or if we preferred to stay within our country due to shipping costs.

minirachie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rachel
I'm in australia :( Could I still participate...although shipping is a tad expensive :o:

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I was wondering... and this is honestly not to be snobbish or anything... it's only because I've become such a paranoid freak about disease transfer in the last year with my seemingly constantly ill flock... :o:

But would there be an option this year to specify that the secret santa present I receive come directly from a vendor?

I would of course extend the same courtesy and send my secret santa present to my match directly from a vendor too.

I completely understand if this is not an option because half of the fun is to personalise the gift!

PeaceLoveDreamer

Real Name
Jacqui
OMG so exciting! I am totally gunna be part of this (I was brand new here this time last year so I didn't, but :omg: so excited!)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm in australia :( Could I still participate...although shipping is a tad expensive :o:
You can still participate, I did last year, as did a few other Australian members. :) I think you might (don’t quote me on it though) be likely to get another member from Australia, rather than a member from another Country… but then again, I am pretty sure my SS was from another Country, I still don’t know who it was. :huh:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I've been wondering about SS for a LONG time now, at least a few months..:hehe: I've already asked actually, LOL! There is a birdfair here at the end of Nov. so that's where I'll probably get my SS stuff, my mom mentioned me getting stuff for my SS at the last birdfair (which was the 15th of Oct. lol) and she said "what?, they haven't announced it yet!" She apparently wanted to help shop. LOL!! I... Can't... wait!!!:D:D:D

Thanks in advance Gg Jingle for putting this together for all of AA!:hug8:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
well i will make sure im not late this yr signing uo like i was last yr mind you it worked out well , as my ss dint have anyone as yet

SS is so much fun I have 2 dif gifts in mind for my ss and sorry it cant come from a vender as i dont have credit cards

wow xmas is comming fast and ss is the only on i give a gift to , so it sure makes my xmas

i will be watching for when to pm my address weeeeeeeeeee

hugssssssss

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Ok last year my SS had to back out and a little elf so generously stepped in---. Please confess ---Who was the elf???? I've been good and waited almost a year to know. If you don't want the world to know please pm me. Please!!!!:confused:

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
I think this is such a great idea! I'll definitely participate. I loved these growing up!

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
sigh might have to sit this SS out.. depending on my cash amount ROFL!

Now a SWS.... god y'all are killing me! :faint:

Jumper

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jen
Oh my, this sounds super fun! I will definitely be participating! Do people make toys for their SS, or does it have to be vendor bought?

So exciting!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

prettyinpink

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
Jen, if I remember correctly you can make home-made toys. I sat last year out, but the year before I believe they said you could, they may have changed the rules though!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I was wondering... and this is honestly not to be snobbish or anything... it's only because I've become such a paranoid freak about disease transfer in the last year with my seemingly constantly ill flock... :o:

But would there be an option this year to specify that the secret santa present I receive come directly from a vendor?

I would of course extend the same courtesy and send my secret santa present to my match directly from a vendor too.

I completely understand if this is not an option because half of the fun is to personalise the gift!
It was an option last year and I can't see why it won't this year - I had the same concerns and requested it as well. Turns out my SS was Susan from Oliver's Garden :D

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger

I think this is an excellent idea. I know it would make me feel a whole lot better giving and getting.

Ginger

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Ok last year my SS had to back out and a little elf so generously stepped in---. Please confess ---Who was the elf???? I've been good and waited almost a year to know. If you don't want the world to know please pm me. Please!!!!:confused:
:ggjingle: ask Kathie again, she was supposed to spill the beans privately :lol:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

I will be posting a thread with info later this week, concerns like this should be included in your pm to GG Jingle - :santagrin:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
You can count me in too! But remember that you can send a present that isn't necessarily bird-related (I mean for bird use).;)

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Sounds like fun. I'm a newbie, so I better stop lurking and post more so I can get my post count up!! I hope the info gets posted before Nov 27th, since that's the day of the last bird fair in my area until January.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
So looking forward to SS as I have participated from the beginning and it is so much fun. It helps to make it Xmas and the spririt of giving and receiving is so wonderful. Will keep watch to see what it is you want us to do this year.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.