• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Run slug, run!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I went outside this morning to find a banana slug in the peacock's bowl looking like he was in a food coma.
image.jpeg
He must have been there awhile because he pooped on the deck too:blink::wtf:
image.jpeg

And btw, why in the world was he eating that? Seemed so odd to me, lol. Anyway, I thought "uh oh. The peacocks are going to be here soon. This can't be good. They peck anything that moves. I mean if I drop a seed they see it from like 15 feet away. Well he must have heard me because he started moving:D he didnt quite hustle enough though, lol. They showed up when he was only five planks away image.jpeg
I expected this wasn't going to end well for him. Especially when this beautiful lady came up from behind me. She must have flown down from the other side. I didn't move because she was all set to accidentally stomp him, lol. image.jpeg
However, she and a few others looked down at him and were like "no way". Must have made that mistake before or they can tell it just looks like a giant wet booger:laugh:. So I took their seed out and tossed it in the yard, he made his escape, and the ladies ate and then cleaned their butts:D they looks so round don't they? Lol. image.jpeg I love these darn peacocks. Especially when they get on the roof and look down in the skylight, lol. Not sure if I shared those already or not, but this guy actually flew over my head from the railing up there. Was so darn cool! image.jpeg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you for sharing the pictures, and the story, with us. Are the peacocks yours?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful.
I would like to see a picture of them looking in the skylight that has to be kinda funny.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Banana slugs are SOOO Gross!!! UUGGHH!!!! Don't accidentally grab one-HURL WORTHY!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Thank you for sharing the pictures, and the story, with us. Are the peacocks yours?
No they just hang out here, lol. I don't know if someone owns them or if they just live in the woods up here.

HawkEagle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paulina
I personally do not feel friendly with slugs. I do not hate them, but I prefer birds BY FAR to be honest. Bird are great :)

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I personally do not feel friendly with slugs. I do not hate them, but I prefer birds BY FAR to be honest. Bird are great :)
I think it's their stalky eyes that get me. I love that for some reason, lol. Like hermit crabs. Adorable! I used to put out the birds discarded veggies for the garden slugs when I lived in NC

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
The slug came back last night btw. Pretty sure he is living under the deck. Other half put more seed out for him, lol