• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Run slug, run!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Slugs rasp the bacterial, yeast and fungi coatings left behind from food. I am sure the leftover oils from the grain are very tasty to the slug. My across the alley neighbor has plastic siding on his garage and the south side of the siding facing me often has a light green sheen of growing algae on it. In the summer the slugs mob the siding, eating the nice fresh algae.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Wanna puke now! BBLLEECCKK!
I don't mind bugs and things but ever since I accidentally grabbed a garbage can lid with a HUGE banana slug under it I have no stomach for them!:scared4: Icky-Icky BLEECCKK!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Love the pictures! It must be so cool to have the peacocks around like that!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I love the pictures too. Must be fun to watch them through the sky light. Cool looking sky light too :)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I am totally petrified of peacocks. they are so beautiful but have wicked little beak. when I was kid we went to Como Zoo and peacocks were allowed free run of the zoo. I had on little flowered shorts and big male peacock thought those flowers looked good to eat. he nailed me in my tush several times. I screamed and flared up his tail and came after me. I shinnied up my dad like he was a tree. that bird took a shot at my dad until dad pushed him back with a foot. ever since then I am very careful went going to the zoo.

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
I like peacocks, but they can really tick off the neighbours. Maybe when we move to the bigger acreage next summer... Been planning on guinea hens for the security. Not sure if the two would get along.