• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rosie cage size

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Boy, they sure are stunning birds aren't they?:) I've been doing a some more reading on them because someone on a Rosie group suggested that the phobic behavior you see in a lot of them is more of a hardwired thing. I guess these guys become more phobic than any other Cockatoo. Some suggest that it happens right around the time that they reach maturity. I'm hoping to do everything right to avoid this.

Right now, Kishka is starting to try and talk and do the wolf whistle. He's just the cutest thing ever. I can't find my camera so no new pictures...hopefully this weekend.

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
Jen, I would go with the 36x28. I have that size for my CAG and Zon and they both seem happy in it. I was going to get the same cage for my Citron but lucked out and traded for a 40x30 from my friend.
The 36x28 just seems like the perfect size for med sized birds after you add toys and goodies they still have plenty of room to play.

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Bigger is always better, given you fill the space to the birds likings. You have to find out what they like and dont like to play with. Since your starting with a baby, you get a clean slate to start fresh. I would not put a rosie in anything smaller then a 36"w cage. IMO 30x40 is the way to go.
My tiels would not ue half of their cage, but then I realized I was filling it with the wrong stuff and paid attention to what they enjoyed. Now they use every inch of their 30x30" cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.