• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question regarding "rules" on rehoming ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailsoflove

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Dawn
I have read over the new "rule" that pertains to posting ads from Craigslist or other advertising sites. (see below)

"Also, from now on we will no longer allow any Craigslist Ads (nor similar info from other sites) showing birds (and other animals) in bad situations just to point out and complain about the deplorable way some people treat their birds (and other animals). There are places on those sites where viewers can leave comments. They do not need to be displayed and commented about in our neighborhood."

I just want some clarification.. Are the admistrators saying that we CANNOT post any further listings advertising birds who look to be in need of a loving, knowledgabe bird home AT ALL? or are we prohibitted from posting these listings ONLY if we are including defamatory remarks or expressing negativity towards the condition of the bird or how they have been cared for??
I just want to be clear on this.

And, if the insults can be put aside and the focus be put on finding needy birds homes, then what is the harm? We are supposed to be a community of compassionate parrot owners who are looking to enhance the lives of these amazing creatures. Why do "rules" have to interfere with finding birds the best homes possible? I personally had the opportunity to take in a neglected and abused bird and if it had not been for a member here on AA posting the link to a craigslist ad about this bird, he may have ended up dead. I think there needs to be rules, but only in the interest of the birds we are here to better the lives of. JMHO.
Thank you.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
CL (and other ads) for birds being rehomed can be posted as long as the bashing is left out. There have been numerous threads linking to CL and other ads with titles similar to "This makes me sick", etc. The thread is then filled with post after post bashing the person who placed the ad for either showing the bird(S) in bad conditions or asking a too high fee, etc. This is not the purpose for which we are allowing CL ads to be posted. And when you think about it if the person traces the Ad here and reads all the defaming posts would he then hand his bird over to someone from AA? Such bashing can stop a good placement.
So the ads will be allowed as long as they are appropriate.
Classifieds & other "rescue" sites: Links to these will be permitted, but please refrain from posting them just to serve as another classifieds site. We want to help birds find homes but the scope of our forum is not for a classifieds section.

Please note that we do not allow posting of or about ads (or videos) from other sites that show birds (or other animals) in bad situations. The purpose of this site is not to judge others. Posting of or about ads or videos from other sites to criticize others will not be permitted; this also includes posting of ads for the purpose of criticizing the spelling/grammar of others. More info on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.