• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about a bird cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangle Elf

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
We all start out a little overwhelmed. It's ok. You do the best you can one thing at a time. Will your dad give you permission to share your state? Maybe someone here can help you find a good deal on a cage. If you are able to return that one you might be able to get a larger cage for the same amount. I hope you stay. It's a good place to learn cost effective ways to make toys and hater perches.

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I don't know what I was trying to type, not hater perches. I can't edit it from my phone.

AzaleaMist

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
Listen, please don't go! I have been here less than a year after I renewed my love for birds last summer. I made several mistakes. Not only did I make a mistake buying my first cage for my first Quaker but I bought four wrong cages before I realized I goofed. Now granted I am an adult but this would have been easier to correct if I had not made the mistake to begin with! I bought them all from Craigslist so I could not return them. The dangerous one I resold and replaced with the first one I could find that would work temporarily. I have seven birds and while I do not have them all in the cages I want them to be in yet they are all out of their cages most of the day ,have homemade toys and lots of attention. I am working on getting them all matching large cages.

The point is we do all start somewhere and we have to learn how to enrich their lives. I have four cockatiels and they live full happy lives. You will not regret finding things to make for your bird and ways to make him extra happy.
They just radiate happiness. Please stick around.

Last edited:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like the first one you linked :) How much do you want to spend? Maybe if you give us a price range we can help you look too. :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

AzaleaMist

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
The prevue (the first cage) is cheaper than an HQ usually.

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire

As for the amazon and macaw living in tiny cages... that truly is unfortunate. An amazon won't even be able to stretch both wings in an 18x18.
WHO is allowing an Amazon in an 18x18 size cage???? :omg: WTF :confused:
:omg:

moonchild

Avenue Veteran

AzaleaMist

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
The a&e (single door) and the HQ (double doors) are better looking and stronger but the sera (or prevue) is taller and a good cage that many here have and it is cheaper. The doors could be better but it is good!

Jarklor

Meeting neighbors
Where should I sell my other cage? Is it possible to send it back to petsmart even though the box is still opened?

Status
Not open for further replies.