• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Potty Mouthed Parrot

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
It was a surprise when he started talking but I also found a youtube of a Japanese sparrow who talks.
What kind of sparrow was it that you had that talked?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
It's so hard not to at least giggle when they swear. The female of the pair we had says the "s" word and the first time I heard it, I wasn't sure I heard right. I asked Jon if he heard the same thing I did and he looked at me and said Yep! I'm pretty sure she didn't just pick it up from us but who knows!

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
It is hard not to laugh sometimes, especialy when what they say is so unexpected. We are pretty good at watching what we say in front of Harley, but sometimes we forget. We always laugh and say if he picks up a phrase its most likely going to be "don't repeat that", or "that's a no repeat Harley".

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My r-b was very funny because she combined s*** with other words. I tried not to laugh but it was difficult. The most interesting phrase she used was "Put s*** in your eye." I have no idea where that came from. My mom came for a visit one day and I brought her downstairs to sit with my mom and she stated her naughty word. My mom replied, "Young ladies don't say that." :laugh:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
It is hard not to laugh sometimes, especialy when what they say is so unexpected. We are pretty good at watching what we say in front of Harley, but sometimes we forget. We always laugh and say if he picks up a phrase its most likely going to be "don't repeat that", or "that's a no repeat Harley".
Every time Aspen goes on a swearing spree, I tell him that good birdies don't say that kind of stuff or I tell him to watch his beak...I'm sure it doesn't register...He burps and farts too and I'm always trying to get him to say "Excuse me"...never heard that either...

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Spee is very cute and very lucky!

Wow your RB2 got creative with that one!

Thanks.
Ooopppss....r-b as in red-bellied parrot. :) She had a very large vocabulary and was always creating her own phrases and making appropriate comments about things but I have no idea about the "Put s*** in your eye." statement. Maybe she picked that up from the vet's grey??

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
:lol:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Every time Aspen goes on a swearing spree, I tell him that good birdies don't say that kind of stuff or I tell him to watch his beak...I'm sure it doesn't register...He burps and farts too and I'm always trying to get him to say "Excuse me"...never heard that either...
:hehe::hehe:
Burps & farts...where did he pick that up from? :D
Scully doesn't swear but he does raspberries. I tell him not to make raspberries at me but it does no good.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love this thread :embarassed: I know it's not meant to be funny, but swearing birds are kinda funny.

I have a terrible mouth. If Leto talked more, I'm sure he would too :oops:

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
My swearing has really cleaned up since getting a bird. I just did not want her to pick it up. She has learned to meow from her brother (Grady) that my friend has, and he has learned to bark. Got a text from my friend and was worried that Grady was barking and was relieved to know he learned it from Louise and wasn't turning into a dog. OK, she didn't really think that but was perplexed by the barking. So birds can pick up anything from anybody. Sadly, Louise burps because apparently I do that...and I would rather implode that have her pick up other bodily noises.... I really didn't want her to say "pretty bird" and instead say "lovely bird" which she does. But sometimes she picks things up really quickly and it only took my friend saying "pretty bird" like three times and now it one of Louise's favorite phrases. I tell her goodnight and good morning everyday and she hasn't picked that up at all. Long way of saying what they pick up depends on the bird and what they like, and how much they adore the person speaking. I did not want her to swear because she will outlive me and I thought it would make her harder to place, and clearly a swearing bird can give pause to a potential adopter. I am sure Baby has no idea what he (she?) is saying or that it is offensive to some and I am heartened to know you are considering Baby. I hope someday someone will want a burping bird...

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
It's absolutely amazing what they decide to pick up and what they have no use for. Aspen came to us with the name "Quack Quack" and the old owner said that he said it all the time so that was his name but we never heard it for a year...and then we did...a lot! So now we call him Aspen Quack. We also hear Clancy quacking and Fozzie quacks too...I think we live with a bunch of ducks! We got a French Buldog at the beginning of the year and now both Clancy and Aspen bark and whine like the dog and Aspen likes to boss the dog around even when the dog isn't around! Farts and burbs abound but we never hear "Excuse me". Most of my birds know "Good Night" and demand that we do it when they are ready to go to bed but wow, forget about "Good Morning"! Tuchis loves pizza but could he ever bother to learn to say it? Not a chance! And I'm quite certain when they say that "S" word, they know what they are saying!:)

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Thanks.
Ooopppss....r-b as in red-bellied parrot. :) She had a very large vocabulary and was always creating her own phrases and making appropriate comments about things but I have no idea about the "Put s*** in your eye." statement. Maybe she picked that up from the vet's grey??
I added the "2" for some reason, my fault! The "put s*** in your eye" comment is very creative, not a phrase you hear everyday haha.