• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

minty marie

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
montanna
Welcome Back! :) And be careful where your indy's cage is, looks like it could easily fall or slip off.
Thank you but not to worry i usually have a camera stand there (he uses the handle as a perch) but it just wasnt there in the pic just thats just in case the cage moves

EvaBird

Strolling the yard
This is our new parrot room for our first GCC arriving this weekend. We will be removing the paper clumps filled with nuts, originally we were going to foster a Macaw. Hence the low toddler toys. Still need to pick up my 2 birch trees. This is my wireless office since I work from home, we made it the parrot room so I have someone to chill with during the day! Feedback more than welcome, everything is lead free, wireless and twin/sizel.

Attachments

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
This is our new parrot room for our first GCC arriving this weekend. We will be removing the paper clumps filled with nuts, originally we were going to foster a Macaw. Hence the low toddler toys. Still need to pick up my 2 birch trees. This is my wireless office since I work from home, we made it the parrot room so I have someone to chill with during the day! Feedback more than welcome, everything is lead free, wireless and twin/sizel.

WOW! Amazing.

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
That's an amazing setup - especially considering that you don't even have a parrot, yet! Wow! That's going to be one lucky, little cheeky!

Ammers

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
This is Jet-Star's Cage :) He doesn't have a Play Area because A: He isn't tame and he's scared of everything, so, would be a waste of money... Though, he is out from 9am-5pm free flight around my room. And B: No room for a Play Area.

His cage is the Skyline Universal Flight Cage :) image.jpg image.jpg

EvaBird

Strolling the yard
We actually ended up rescuing a Macaw!!! and the room is now full of branches and perches etc. She is not crazy about perches but warming slowly. I have a very small corner to sit in and work during the day.

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
Here's the cage layout for my seven budgies! They have a pretty big cage with room to play and fly around. P2220063.JPG
Along with a dowel perch that came with the cage, there are multiple natural perches made of kiwi branches and bamboo. Here's Glacier (back) and Yellowface (front).
P2220064.JPG
They have two food bowls on the floor. My budgies have a mainly seed diet, but they get fruits and veggies occasionally. That's something I'm going to work on! Come spring hopefully they will have fresh swiss chard everyday!
P2220065.JPG
The birdies also have a mineral perch and that blue thing in th eback was their valentines toy! In the front is Fat Albert, as well as Clove (back, left) and GG (back, right).
P2220066.JPG
Back view!
P2220067.JPG
This is the setup behind the cage, desk, lamp, supplies, etc.
P2220068.JPG
Budgie knicknacks! :)
P2220069.JPG
Toy-making supplies (A.K.A toys they have destroyed and are being repurposed)
P2220070.JPG
Budgie love! Glacier (right) and Yellowface (left)!
P2220074.JPG
A tissue box I put in with some seed and toys in it. The rock is to weigh it down. I actually only put it in today, and they have already nibbled at it! I can tell this wont last long!
P2220076.JPG
There is also a cage in my room where Glacier goes when she is out flying around so that she has food and water, I don't have any photos though. Sorry for the long post, it's what I'm known for! XD

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
looking at cages to get ideas. I helped my son do his cage. we found that banana hook holders work well for holding dangle toys on top of cage and its easy and cheap to make straw type toys using straws, paper tubes, plain non treated wood sticks, beads, ect. you can make several to the price of one in a store.

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry

My boys' setup now... Cheeko's new cage is a smaller California Cage, it's only temporary until we can make some more room... and the grey chickens are back in the full F040. As you can see it's a little cramped - but I kinda like Cheeko being beside me now :D

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
looking at cages to get ideas. I helped my son do his cage. we found that banana hook holders work well for holding dangle toys on top of cage and its easy and cheap to make straw type toys using straws, paper tubes, plain non treated wood sticks, beads, ect. you can make several to the price of one in a store.
Banana hook holders? That might be dangerous... Most of us use nickel-plated or stainless steel quicklinks:

You could also use a piece of twine to tie the toy to the top.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Okay, I know I JUST posted, but I got a new cage the very next day and did some reorganizing to get it to fit... here's my little corner of heaven :heart: (I was looking at pictures of the very handsome Mopar)

Its a great cage, I love the coffee table play stand. Lucky birds :)

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
Okay, I know I JUST posted, but I got a new cage the very next day and did some reorganizing to get it to fit... here's my little corner of heaven :heart: (I was looking at pictures of the very handsome Mopar)

Wow, that is an amazing set up! Who's in the smaller cage?

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
These banana holders are the old fashion type made out of wood. Has small hook at top to hang them, wood looks unfinished.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
These banana holders are the old fashion type made out of wood. Has small hook at top to hang them, wood looks unfinished.
My concern is the little hook (I assume it's an open hook?). Your bird could hurt himself on it. Or, depending on the metal/finish, he might get heavy metal poisoning. I would only trust stainless steel.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
ferret cage 007.JPG his sleeping place lol! the last pic is him on his little struts following me around the house as I do my house cleaning / pick up in the morning chores. right now he is in the comp. room w me walking all over the floor checking things out

Attachments

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
This is so wonderful!!!!!