• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Please pray for Tashi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cindy, I pray Tashi makes it through the night. You have pulled him through this far. He sounded very happy when we talked on your way home. I forwarded info from Karen to you about a nebulizer tank. Please call me tomorrow!

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
After about 4 hours of sleep, Tashi (yes, he made it through the night, YAY) and I are headed to work. Gonna be a long day. I couldn't sleep worrying about Tashi. I gave him another breathing treatment at 3 this morning. His breathing is still raspy this morning but doesn't seem quite as rapid. Thank you all for the prayers.

Judy - Got it!!! Going to get supplies at lunch. I'll give you a call then. I'm going to keep him in the O2/heat cage all day today at work. I backed off the baytril in the nebulizer during the night, but going to add it again when I get to work. He seemed like he did better when I gave him the bayril, albuterol, gentamicin and saline nebulizing solution as opposed to the albuterol and saline. Sometimes it doesn't seem to make a difference, but in his case it has.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sending lots of healing energy for Tashi, Cindy!! Hope you can get some rest tonight, and Tashi makes a full recovery.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.