• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Please help with Juni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
He may have chomped too hard on a toy and bruised it, I honestly don't see anything that screams abnormal to me

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Where are you out of? That will give AA members some idea as to who to recomend/suggest if anyone knows of a vet/ group that can help you at minimal/no cost or some kind of plan.

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I'm glad it's probably not serious. Sorry if I'm freaking out about everything. Once I find one thing wrong, I get over observant. I just want to make sure he's okay.

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
Where are you out of? That will give AA members some idea as to who to recomend/suggest if anyone knows of a vet/ group that can help you at minimal/no cost or some kind of plan.
I'm in Utah. The only avian vet around is Dr.Folland. He is very nice and has worked with some of my birds before. He's the only avian specified vet that I know of in Utah.

sthiele

Budgie Bunch
Real Name
Steve
Recommended Avian (Bird) Vets

I've seen Lakeview Animal Hospital recommended on several avian websites. Not sure if they are close to you or not. None of the vets appear to be board certified, but I don't use any board certified vets, either. There is only 1 in my area and she charges double to triple more than other vets who have been seeing birds for 20-30+ years.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wow, he is so beautiful, Ana! I'm relieved you're taking him in tomorrow. Hopefully it's nothing serious but something is bothering you about him that isn't letting you relax. Getting his beak checked out and perhaps getting some tests will either reveal something or put your mind at ease. :hug8:

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
My vet, Dr. Harris suggested to run a hot shower, as hot as possible, and bring Regan in for a while to breathe in the steam. The steam is good for them. (If it's respiratory) She is on meds for 2 weeks. Keep us posted. I don't think the beak thing is related, but your vet will let you know. Hugs to you both:hug8:

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
Thanks Marlene, I'll let him sit in the bathroom and breathe the steam.
I'll keep you all posted on the vet visit. :)

jasminlana

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Hope Juni feels better and everything is okay

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
My vet, Dr. Harris suggested to run a hot shower, as hot as possible, and bring Regan in for a while to breathe in the steam. The steam is good for them. (If it's respiratory) She is on meds for 2 weeks. Keep us posted. I don't think the beak thing is related, but your vet will let you know. Hugs to you both:hug8:
Not to hijack this thread, but lucky you to be able to have Dr. Harris as your vet!! That man walks on water in my mind!

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
Hope Juni did good in the steamy bathroom, the beak usually peels when it grows no big deal unless it is growing at a fast pace.

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Juni is gorgeous.... and I'm praying that all is good. Did you get an appointment to take Juni in to the vet?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hoping Juni is getting a great checkup and everything sounds clear!:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
How is Juni doing today?

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Just checking in to see how Juni is doing....

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
Thanks for the support everyone! So, Juni did not get in to the vet today. They didn't have room until tomorrow so he's going in the afternoon. He hasn't shown any signs of labored breathing or any other problems since yesterday. I'm really hoping it was just something mild.
He enjoyed the hot steamy bathroom. He was making kissing noises the whole time and was dancing and having a great time. It seemed to make him really happy. :heart:
I'll keep you updated.

KatherinesBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
It could have been something in those foods you gave them for the first time the other day. Didn't you say you used peanut oil? I wonder if there was some sort of allergic reaction? Let us know!
Katherine

Status
Not open for further replies.