• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

please help bella has chewed hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wish your birdie a speedy recovery!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Heal Bella and rest easy mom, she will be ok.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Thoughts and prayers for you both...:hug8:

bellas momma

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
Thank you all for all the support it helped bella and me both so much thur the weekend.:hug8: she is doing better already baby steps but I see some improvement in her attitude. We both are going to get some much needed rest now..:sleeping4:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Thank you all for all the support it helped bella and me both so much thur the weekend.:hug8: she is doing better already baby steps but I see some improvement in her attitude. We both are going to get some much needed rest now..:sleeping4:
I am glad she is starting to get better!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
So glad. Hoping you can find the cause as well...I would have been a complete basket case :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I hope you are able to relax some now. I'm very glad you were able to get her into the vet and wish you and Bella the best :hug8:

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
So glad. Hoping you can find the cause as well...I would have been a complete basket case :hug8:
I was :nervous:Vet and I are going to brain storm more next Friday. The vet wants to get the meds in her let her get use to collar and go from there.

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
She is up and eating and drinking good this morning she isn't talking but she is making some of her little sounds. We got some rest not the best but better than all weekend. She took her meds with only a small fight she didn't want to be toweled again. Once I agreed not to do that she step up in my hand and took it.:eek:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
:hug8::hug8:How stressful for you both. Praying the vet can get you some answers on your next visit

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:hug8::hug8:I am glad that she is feeling better.

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Kathy how are you doing through all this what are your feeling now express if you can only to help you and her move forward you were pretty upset . Remeber we are not only here for the bird but also the bird Parront ok. Prayer with you and Bella poor little girl I did not look at casue of chewing ill hav to look back.

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
We both are doing well now the stress level has went down I still worry about her but she is doing a little better everyday. We are still unsure of the cause of all this but right now I just want her to heal and feel better... Hope to find out more on the next vet visit

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
You are doing fine. Remember there is a learning curve. We had Trinket for years and last year when we had to give him meds it was so stressful I cried after every single time, until we figured out to wait until dark, and then go get him so that he wasn't all freaked out about us chasing him down.

Ginger

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
She is doing good on taking here meds she told my husband today come here she jump on his shoulder then let me give her the meds. I was shocked she took them with no problem.:eek: She is eating like a little pig today and this was the first morning since all this that she woke me up to let her out of her sleep cage.:)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I am glad she is feeling better!

redlored

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kim
Wow! I've been on the edge of my seat reading through these posts. I am SOOOOO glad she's doing better!!!! :dancing: Please continue to update :heart:

bellas momma

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
Update on Bella she is healing nicely she already has some new feathers coming in:D. One of the wounds has already healed and the biggest is healing but still has a ways to go. She is such a good girl with her meds she steps on her cage door every time I say ready for your meds and takes them no problem a few times she has even said more:huh:. We have our nighty routine before bed were I help with the itchy spots she can't reach. She still wants nothing to do with a bath but I still spray her daily there is still a spot on her back of matted feathers that I haven't been able to get cleaned off but I have got most of it. Since all this has happened she wants nothing to do with her veggies but I still offer them to her for hopes she will again soon. She isn't as active as before don't really play with her toys much but has started to shred stuff daily. I hope my baby is back to her self soon we go for a checkup Friday. Thanks again for all the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.