• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Placed order with Unapproved Vendor’s Dailies

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I wound up breaking up the bites, not into crumbs but a few hits with a small mallet so they broke into smaller pieces.
I'll do this tomorrow! I found most of them in Uchtreds water bowl when I went to put her in bed. I guess she tried to soften them up herself lol

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'll do this tomorrow! I found most of them in Uchtreds water bowl when I went to put her in bed. I guess she tried to soften them up herself lol
There harder then the pellets their used to. Roudybush and Harrisons basically crumble into dust, these have some heft.

Once again i gotta give credit, when i broke up the fruit and veggies bites, you could see the actual vegetables and fruit bits, a few of the veggie ones broke so easily because it had mostly vegetables and very little binder. I was thrilled, Bubble less so.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
There harder then the pellets their used to. Roudybush and Harrisons basically crumble into dust, these have some heft.

Once again i gotta give credit, when i broke up the fruit and veggies bites, you could see the actual vegetables and fruit bits, a few of the veggie ones broke so easily because it had mostly vegetables and very little binder. I was thrilled, Bubble less so.
I thought when I ordered the OFB they would be a hit here but not the case. They are harder than I expected and not very popular with any of my crew large or small. I haven't tried soaking them yet but have crumbled some up to see if they would eventually try them. I saw one of the conures try it but now I can't remember who it was!

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Probably has nothing to do with it but I gave Uchtred a piece of calming cookie and some AntiAnxie-Tea last night and this morning I didn't see any pin feathers in her cage when we woke up! She got a tiny piece of cookie this morning. If it seems like it's helping I'm gonna be buying in bulk lol.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Mixed feedback on the Tweet Treats, but cracker textures have never been a big hit in my house.
Update: Coco now thinks they are delicious, after I ate some in front of him and then shared. :smuggrin:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had a long conversation w/ her today. I will be putting in an order when I can get my next check cashed. she was a complete sweetheart & I can't wait to try her yummy looking & healthy food! She told me a few bits of info that I found of importance.

• She only does business in the US.

• Shipping is always USPS Priority Mail. She said she uses either the small or medium priority mail box.

• She is willing to do everything she can for those who have special needs due to allergies. This includes not cooking anything where a cross contamination can occur. Ladies & Gentleman, I can say that to have someone do this for the health of your pet is huge! There are companies that still wouldn't do this if the FDA hadn't changed some laws(forced hands) in the past 20 years, for people food. All you have do to is fill out the "free form" type/style boxes.

• She told me for the veggie balls, their sizes are:
Mini = Marble size
Regular = Ping Pong ball size​

• She recommends that if you get a tea, after you brew it to take the wet leaves & mix them into a chop. Fids love this & they can get the full benefit of the blends this way.

I think that was all the main highlights I wanted to share w/ ya'll that may not have ordered yet.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I wonder if she would want to become a vendor on here. I love the little tea infusers @Erikalynnha those are adorable!!