• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Placed order with Unapproved Vendor’s Dailies

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Shopping cart
Product image Description Quantity Price

1 'Nana Bread Bites 1 $4.88

1 Mini MuffinsBlueberry 1 $5.98

1 Pancakes!Blueberry 1 $4.98

1 VeggieBalls 1 $9.48

1 Great Grains Live GranolaApple Cinnamon Crumble 1 $11.48

2 Hearty Harvest Chop - Fall Blendnormal bag 2 $24.96

2 SunSational Chop - Summer Blendnormal bag

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Shopping cart
Product image Description Quantity Price

1 'Nana Bread Bites 1 $4.88

1 Mini MuffinsBlueberry 1 $5.98

1 Pancakes!Blueberry 1 $4.98

1 VeggieBalls 1 $9.48

1 Great Grains Live GranolaApple Cinnamon Crumble 1 $11.48

2 Hearty Harvest Chop - Fall Blendnormal bag 2 $24.96

2 SunSational Chop - Summer Blendnormal bag
Counting on you to be the official "taste tester".... :eat:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I wonder how many ounces are in the "normal" bag. Can't tell what size it is in the photo and it doesn't say what the quantity is .
For the "Big Eats for Little Beaks" Blends - there are 3 options - normal, 1# and 5# bulk. Not sure how many ounces in the normal bag. I assume 1# means 1 lb (16 ounces). So what would be the normal size?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
For the "Big Eats for Little Beaks" Blends - there are 3 options - normal, 1# and 5# bulk. Not sure how many ounces in the normal bag. I assume 1# means 1 lb (16 ounces). So what would be the normal size?
I asked this too above and someone said it was 15 ounces... according to their facebook page.

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got my order in today and for the most part it's a positive review. My negative and it's a big one:

• No expiration date on bags!!!!
I got two very berry bites and one vegetable bites.
  • I was surprised at how small the flat priority box was, but it was heavy! There were definitely 7 1/2 pounds of bites inside.
  • I have explained how picky my guys are with pellets, the fruit ones will have to remain a treat because of all the fruit content in addition to the fresh they get.
  • I was shocked at first that all 4 started to chow down after investigating the alien food. Then I remembered it contained all of their favourite things, peanut butter, oats, millet, fruit, beets, sweet potatoes and a coconut glaze.
Watson was up first and I was surprised when he broke it in half, you could see the millet, oats, fruit and other goodies visibly baked in the pellet.

Watson:
20190328_165353.jpg 20190328_165459.jpg
20190328_165353.jpg 20190328_165459.jpg 20190328_165608.jpg
Piggy Bubble
20190328_170103.jpg 20190328_170319.jpg
A demure Qwackers
20190328_170804.jpg 20190328_170730.jpg
And finally, mr.Grumpy himself, Manu.

20190328_171228.jpg 20190328_171056.jpg 20190328_170134.jpg
We'll try the veggie ones for breakfast, I hope everyone posts their thoughts on their orders.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
i'm not trying chop, i'll tell you that right now!! :D
It couldn't possibly be any worse than those nasty OFBs I tried.

Taste test! Taste test! :lol:

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I got my order in today and for the most part it's a positive review. My negative and it's a big one:

• No expiration date on bags!!!
I just mention this to her this is what she reply! =^^=

"We are actually going to start stamping the package date on packages! Expiration date would be a year later "

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Just placed my order.

She hasn't been in business very long so I'm comfortable with my dehydrated order.

She told me she's a vet tech.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Just placed my order. I would have loved to get the bites in fruit and veggie but stuck to the dehydrated goodies since it was 2 for 1. I hope they love it!

Shopping cart
Product image
Description Quantity Price

2 Hearty Harvest Chop - Fall Blend normal bag
  • REGULAR CHOP BOGO (-$24.96)
2 $24.96
Free

2 Big Eats for Little Beaks - Autumn Blend Normal Bag
  • REGULAR CHOP BOGO (-$18.96)
2 $18.96
Free

2 Festive Feast Chop - Winter Blend normal bag 2 $26.96

2 Bountiful Bouquet Chop - Spring Blend normal bag

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I ordered the harvest blend and the winter blend but told her I didn't want the popcorn in it.

Personally I'm hopeful this will give them more variety and less time for me.

I think if they like it, I'll order one of the sampler boxes from her.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was also thinking of getting the pumpkin spice bites. Veggie ball s. Anyone order / had birdies sample yet?

I just found the 1st aid kit, dang it. Mine's getting there. Now, its too late for hers. May steal a few of her ideas tho. ;)

I've got the Tops pellets & have never had a hard time feeding Buddy anything I've been persistent with but it had to be the new Tops brand pellets! :bash:

@tattoosiva

What did they think about the edgie veggie bites? That's what I was thinking of getting along w/ the items above.

:grouphug:

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was also thinking of getting the pumpkin spice bites. Veggie ball s. Anyone order / had birdies sample yet?

I just found the 1st aid kit, dang it. Mine's getting there. Now, its too late for hers. May steal a few of her ideas tho. ;)

I've got the Tops pellets & have never had a hard time feeding Buddy anything I've been persistent with but it had to be the new Tops brand pellets! :bash:

@tattoosiva

What did they think about the edgie veggie bites? That's what I was thinking of getting along w/ the items above.

:grouphug:
They nibble, then drop them.
Ewwww! Vegetables!!!! I will still try but my guys are stubborn with veggies unless freeze dried or secretly mashed into a sweet potato.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I ordered a couple of weeks ago and got my order today. We got Tweet Treats, VeggieBalls, Red Bell Pepper Rings, and Mixed Berry Live Oat Meal.

I handed out some Tweet Treats and VeggieBalls. Cian and Coco liked the Veggieballs. Mixed feedback on the Tweet Treats, but cracker textures have never been a big hit in my house.

I will admit that I do sample most of the "human grade" foods I give my birds, and found both treats quite tasty. :joyful:

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Recieved my order today as well! 20190401_171446-1.jpg We got Sweet Heat Better Bites, Festive Feast- Winter Flavor, Calming Cookies and AntiAnxie-Tea.

They seem to like the better bites. I wanna try the veggie ones next. They are alittle hard for Lennerd and Uchtred. Might try soaking them in coconut or almond milk. Or mashing them up a bit.
20190401_171339.jpg
They so far have ignored the Festive Feast chopped but they're picky about dried veggies.

Calming cookies and tea are for Uchtred. She LOVES the cookies and tea (but only after I scoop the herbs out lol) 20190401_182729.jpg

Last edited:

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Erikalynnha

I wound up breaking up the bites, not into crumbs but a few hits with a small mallet so they broke into smaller pieces.

I had a better reception with the veggie ones when i did this. Manu and Qwackers are heavy dunkers and the bites took forever to soften in water and became even heavier soaked in water.

They ate everything this morning this way, Bubble and Watson still stayed far away from the veggie ones but ate their entire fruit portion this way as the smaller pieces were easier to handle with their feet.

They pretty much eat everything feet wise except their morning oatmeal and Harrisons mash served dry.