• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

On the way to the vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dr. Dixon also examined his right wing where the discolored feather is and he says the follicle is definitely damaged. He found a feather cyst on that same wing that he pointed out. He told me to always be mindful of it because if it breaks, there will be a lot of blood.

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Get some Super Clot gel, it always worked great on my girl who mutilated and would get feather cysts. The meds look like a good pick too. Hope he's feeling better in no time!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did pick up some unflavored Pedialyte for him awhile ago. Would that help keep him hydrated?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good that you were able to get him to the vet quickly and he was able to be taken care of. Hope all will be well.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Glad to hear that the Dr. fixed Java right up.

Perhaps Java needs to stay on a pain medication, if that stump and his foot are hurting all of the time.

Kodigirl210

Glad to hear everything is good with Java. He sure knows how to play up to the camera. I can’t even imagine how he’ll be with 2-legs! :bounce6:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Good you were able to get Java seen right away . I hope Java stabilizes and he gets back to normal . Did Dr. say what caused the vomiting? This is great news you were able to get Care Credit, it is a life saver. Very exciting about Java getting fitted for a prosthetic leg. His quality of life with enhanced mobility will be wonderful .

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
So glad to hear all has settled.
:hug8:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Only just seeing this now and I am sure glad that you have already posted the update from the vet..... I would have been so worried all day if I had of read this before you updated.
So pleased he is doing ok and is happily playing, I hope the medication makes him feel better quick. Congratulations on your Care credit that should make things much easier for you and Java.
Cant wait to see the trouble he will get into with a new leg!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good you were able to get Java seen right away . I hope Java stabilizes and he gets back to normal . Did Dr. say what caused the vomiting? This is great news you were able to get Care Credit, it is a life saver. Very exciting about Java getting fitted for a prosthetic leg. His quality of life with enhanced mobility will be wonderful .
He said he wasn't sure what was causing the vomiting, he listed a bunch of things that it could be. He looked at his crop to make sure it was okay, which it was, so he told me to keep an eye on him and to bring him back in if he starts throwing up again to run some tests

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Just a suggestion...
Hopefully he won't Have vomiting episodes but please examine the spit up to see if it smells or has fibers in it...
You may have already done that....

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just a suggestion...
Hopefully he won't Have vomiting episodes but please examine the spit up to see if it smells or has fibers in it...
You may have already done that....

It was undigested food from the night before. He had AO rice pilaf, which he's had before. It had dried on the bars so I had to pick it off from the blanket and his perches. I didn't think to smell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.