• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh Lord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
That is awful and she needs to be out of there...so sad. Can five people call in response to the add and then say she is only worth •••, then you say they are probably right but I'll give you a little bit more just to take her? Poor baby...just sad. How hard is it to pop that cage in the shower once a week...:mad:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am not sure if there is an add yet. I showed her picture to my Fiance and he just shook his head in disgust. He had asked them back some years ago before my first Zon came home about her staying in the Family. Yes, was the answer we wanted her. But no, so I went ahead and go my own bird.

Here we are and Dave says Jenny is very sweet, and a really nice Too but she is not coming here. He does not want any more pets in our house.

So, I am going to see if she will take a few hundred dollars for her and allow me to place her into a new home. She is located in the Tampa area in FL.

If anyone is interested in Jenny, please let me know!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Her "Senal" Parrot is listed on CL, but no word about Jenny yet.

Senal parrot

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Her "Senal" Parrot is listed on CL, but no word about Jenny yet.

Senal parrot

If I was closer, had the funds, and a place with proper quarantine, I'd snatch that baby up in a heartbeat. I have such a soft spot for older birds (even though their lifespans seem to be 20-30, but you know what I mean), and especially sennies. I hope both birds find good homes, hopefully with more knowledgeable people who can properly care for them.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
:( How very sad for both of them....I wish they would let you help in some way to get them both a good home. It should NOT be about the money.:(

ImaBirdMom

Real Name
Jessica
Awww this is just so sad :( I hope they find a great home!!!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Can you get get some money together to "ransom" her? I'm not sure how good of a home she will find on CL. I would chip in if I could. :(

Cathy AZ

Walking the driveway
I am so sorry to see your situation. It is so hard, but since you know the bird you could always rescue it for the $1200. and then the U2 will be so much happier. Sometimes I try to think of just of the animals well being and not the human's (let's say selfishness) and when you have the bird you know it will have a better life. Why did the family give her the bird anyway? It just does not matter, do what you can to help that bird.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
We are still thinking about it and what to do. I even said lets pay that b8tch the money, get her and let someone else have her!

He knows her, likes her but life here is not a place for her. It is a sorry thing to say but when you are at you balance you know it. I cannot upset what I have going with both Zons they are maturing and are awesome. I cannot have them turn with newbie coming in or a bird who may scream for attention.

I offered to foster her, but that means with me or without me. I have Friends who would be able to take her with kids, a house full of it with attention etc she would be perfect over there.

We'll see still thinking here and it IS about the money, GrandFather is gone now they do not have him to suck dry anymore, just each other and she sells 'things' she has to make money it is very sad indeed what is happening.

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my! How very sad! :( This poor bird needs to be removed from this home. I know you are in a bad predicament. No one is going to pay that price for an 18yo U2! I am surprised the ad has not been flagged as rules say rehoming fees of $100-150 only. I so hope you are able to get this poor baby out of there. :hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry to read this.:( People when it comes down to it are just greedy.

Last edited:

henpecked

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Richard
I have a friend on another forum who fosters and rescues birds in the Tampa/St Pete area. PM me if you want to contact him.If you'd like to research him on that forum i'll be glad to give you his info.Good luck.I to live near there if there's anything i can do to help with transport or whatever,but i only deal with zons on long term basis.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
What is so sad here is she is the Famiy bird. We asked for Jenny after Grandfather died. When we were told that she was staying with them and she wasnt coming to us I got my own first Zon. Now here we are and thry are letting her go for a freakin buck! I have not seen her in years since 2001 and to see that sleep cage is shocking!

I will contact her to see what she is willing to take for her and let you guys know. If I can arrange for someone to go get her thst would be great. The sennie as well needs out too!

Chicobo

Real Name
Erin
:omg:

What the heck is on that perch, anyway? It's....green and fuzzy looking! Sheesh. I adore cockatoos and they're just so sensitive...I'm sure that little one "feels" that she isn't wanted there. I can't imagine living with that feeling. Poor baby.

I wish I had money at ALL, I'd say maybe I could send you something, but I'm LITERALLY flat broke. I hope that you know somebody who can snatch her up. That price IS ridiculous. I just don't understand why people do those sorts of things. Pets aren't just $$ making devices or objects. I'm surprised to hear that people say CL's max is $100 to $150, I've seen SO many ads with higher prices than that.

But she's not going to "sell" that bird.

You know, you could just flag the ad and then say, "see? You can't sell a bird like that, people will just flag you, I'll take her...blah blah."

Lauren

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
That is DISGUSTING! I feel so horrible for both Jenny AND yourself. Knowing that the bird is so close, yet someone is selfish enough to want to get money over a good home.
Since you're already appalled by your family member, I can make my comment on how HORRIBLE her grammar and spelling is :mad: I HATE that.

I really hope Jenny finds a new home that is a huge step up from her current situation, or that your relative finally clues in that she's selfish and uncaring, and allows you to foster her.

Grrrr, this just grinds my gears. I wish I had the funds to get her out of that home (despite being in Canada)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
My friend who runs the sanctuary in Naples would probably go pick them up. Let me know if you need the info. :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am calling her now..

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
It's an umbrella.
Poor baby, that cage makes me cringe. I have been in this situation with my aunt before. She wanted to sell her BFA and wouldn't take less than $800. I offered to take him several times even though I had no desire to have an aggressive male "hot 3" amazon but she was only interested in the $. She also kept him in a small dirty cage with rust, one dowel perch and one bell. I got the bird a bunch of stuff, perches, toys, good food (he is on a Walmart parrot seed) and tried to educate her but she wouldn't listen. She did end up keeping him but I had to cut ties with her. I also prevented her from taking more birds in by getting ahold of their current home to tell them not to give them to her. She was going to take a blue and gold and 2 amazons. She told them she was an expert and would give them all good homes but was planning on selling the amazons seperately (they were a bonded pair) and couldn't even afford a cage for the macaw. She thinks of them as objects. :( I'm glad I stopped her from taking them but she is very mad at me for it. The amazons went to a Sanctuary and the macaw found a great bird home.

The pic gives the 'too a pink contrast. I was going by the picture.

But regardless, that poor bird. $1200 is baby price. She will never get that much. What she will get is people flaming her if she posts that pic on CL. Poor bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.