• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh Lord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I was on FB tonight and see my Fiances Aunt posted a pic of Jennie an 18 Yr old U2. I met her some years ago very cute and friendly. Well it seems that she is going to be sold. :( The pic shows that she is plucking her legs and I wanted to tell his Aunt off so bad because the cage is filthy with no toys I am mad! I offered to foster her since she is the Family bird she was Grandfather's bird. She also has a Sennie as well. Geez I am peeved and I guess now my Fiance and I need to talk about this. I hope she doesnt try to sell her to me!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
$1200.00 is what they are selling herer for! I am so mad it is about the money they are hurting bit wow just wow after 11 plus years with her Nephew you would think that she would rather see her with someone who could foster for her. All about the buck here could have seen thst coming. :mad:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That is so sad :(

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Oh my gosh you have no idea! i just let her have it on FB. I called her out on the time thing vs.money thing. Hurting for cash is one thing but selling the Family bird is bad! I offered to foster her geez I hope I can sleep tonight I am so amped up!:mad:

heirofslytherin123

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Gabby
im so sorry that is a difficult position to be in! I have been in similar situations before. It's not fair to the bird and it's not fair to you either!:mad:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Is she not even going to listen to your offer about fostering? :(

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
Remember my FB post from yesterday?! I hate when people put money over the birds well being :( I really hope they come to their senses and think about it but knowing people now days, it's likely not to happen :( I'm sorry :hug8:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I have known the Family for 11 plus years and this is crazy. She is a very tame and sweet bird that loves to be held and be out of er cage.

To see this picture is what really did it, hope you can see if snagged off FB if not, I will see if I can host it. I am sure my Fiance will be angry is he sees this picture of her. She looks sad as heck and the cage omg our birds NEVER in a day have a cage ever look like this and never will. It is about the money, they are in a not so good place but asking $1200 with cage I already told her you can buy a baby for that kind of money.
'
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/179156_4240356730736_1285802218_n.jpg

Jenny is cleary plucking her legs and I was told that is a sleep cage her other cage has toys outside etc. I would hate to see what the cage looks like if this one is her sleep cage just disgusting!!!!!!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Claire I don't know what it's like bird price wise there, but here there is no way in hell she would get that price of an 18 yo U2. Maybe once she figures that out she'll let you foster her :hug8::hug8::hug8:
Teresa, down in FL she is, near Ocala. I am sick to see her look that way and that cage that is what has me so mad. Who does that? :mad: She said she has had her for 18 yrs, I have known about her or 11 so Grandfather died in 2005 so but beforehand he was living with them before he passed. I am sure my Fiance is going to be a bit peeved too when he hears and sees that pic later on tonight.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
OMG Claire that is terrible...I would be livid! Can you approach them and suggest again about fostering...wow that cage..really? It is so filthy:( And is that her permanent cage or a sleep cage? A bit small...I really hope she will let you step in and help....plus she will never get that amount of money...

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Leslie, I have my Hoosier because years ago, I thought we might get her. They pass her around between the Sisters when everyone needs a break. So we offered and they said no. Now he she is for sale. I offered to foster or whatever she decides. She said nothing about it, and said she will keep her until she finds a good home.

When I said rehome, I told her I wouldn't expect money for mine but that I knew they were going to a perfect home to be loved etc. I told her they are not a car or a couch, to use the word SELL Is that!

Let me see what David says tonight after he sees that and hears about it. I know his Mom may be not so happy about it but we'll see.

Poor, poor Girl. :( Oh, the Sennie is also for sale, 12 yrs old with cage she posted $150 :mad:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Wow! How totally sad! Honestly, I'm pretty sure you can get a baby for less than they are asking and if they say they are including the cage in that price, I think I'd haul off and hit them!:( There's no way they're going to get anyone to pay that much. I hope they realize that and come to their senses. She looks really sweet...that's just so sad.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Oh, poor girl! That cage is really gross! :hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
That poor Mollucan. So so sad. I would be just as furious. Very mad.:mad:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
That poor Mollucan. So so sad. I would be just as furious. Very mad.:mad:
It's an umbrella.
Poor baby, that cage makes me cringe. I have been in this situation with my aunt before. She wanted to sell her BFA and wouldn't take less than $800. I offered to take him several times even though I had no desire to have an aggressive male "hot 3" amazon but she was only interested in the $. She also kept him in a small dirty cage with rust, one dowel perch and one bell. I got the bird a bunch of stuff, perches, toys, good food (he is on a Walmart parrot seed) and tried to educate her but she wouldn't listen. She did end up keeping him but I had to cut ties with her. I also prevented her from taking more birds in by getting ahold of their current home to tell them not to give them to her. She was going to take a blue and gold and 2 amazons. She told them she was an expert and would give them all good homes but was planning on selling the amazons seperately (they were a bonded pair) and couldn't even afford a cage for the macaw. She thinks of them as objects. :( I'm glad I stopped her from taking them but she is very mad at me for it. The amazons went to a Sanctuary and the macaw found a great bird home.

jenwren59

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Claire - so sorry to hear about this. I hope the outcome is good. I just don't understand people. I guess that is why I live so well with other animals. They are also not "perfect" but they sure do not have these weird agendas.

If she could just be convinced that letting go of the bird is best for everyone. It would lessen her obligations and expenses. Logic falls short on these types of people though - - :(

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Poor bird.... That photo gave me the creepy crawlies. I hope she sees the light and you can do a rescue!

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
:( This is just awful. And I feel so bad for that poor Sennie too, especially at his older age. I hope she lets you foster the 'too, and maybe the sennie too since I'm sure if the 'too's sleeping arrangements look like that, the sennie's doesn't look much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.