• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh, hello. Now go away.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is a good boy, except when he's not. I think that's a pretty good way to describe him. He's not always a vampire.

Sometimes he lowers his lead, allows three strokes and politely moves his head away without trying to get me. Sometimes he still tests me, but I am always aware.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is a good boy, except when he's not. I think that's a pretty good way to describe him. He's not always a vampire.

Sometimes he lowers his lead, allows three strokes and politely moves his head away without trying to get me. Sometimes he still tests me, but I am always aware.
Totally, Respectively know this! If I forget... Buddy will try, but... My hubby reminds me ALL the time! :lol:

:hug6: Rain

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He has stopped allowing me in his house to clean. NEV-ER allowed in now. He won't even step up for a Nutriberry anymore. I tried yesterday, thru the cage bars. Nope. He struck out.

He has that right to keep me out, but it looks like I don't clean his cage on purpose. Husband has to clean it or if W is upstairs, I do it then. W will grudgingly allow to me spray-shower him through an open door. He does like the shower. He's just being difficult.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
He's so beautiful but such a poopy head! I'm assuming you keep him clipped right?:xflove:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Weren't you gone recently?

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's so beautiful but such a poopy head! I'm assuming you keep him clipped right?:xflove:

You know, I never thought of that! Maybe he would chill some.

Weren't you gone recently?

Just Christmas holidays, and hubby was here with the fids for most of that week I normally visit my family. When dad passed away, hubby had to drive to Canada for the funeral, and he was there maybe 3-4 days with me. The regular pet sitter took care of the birds and cat. Generally, I have not noticed any real change in Wasabi when I return home. He's glad for a couple of minutes and gets over that real quick before then starts to yell again should I dare walk away.

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
Was Wasabi abused before you got him? You seem so kind and willing to try to help him and yet he is so grumpy and mean to you.

He really is gorgeous.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TY. My guess is that he was. We know for a fact he was abandoned. There is very little information on the adoption record. Just my luck - Wasabi seems to prefer men - altho the one who abandoned him was a man. He generally won't give my husband a hard time, and he doesn't give the vet any grief, either. He bit one of the female techs.

He's nice to me once in a while. By that I mean he doesn't bite me when he has the chance to. And he will get me to play the same game we all play - the I'm gonna get your toes game. He hangs upside down and makes a certain sound - that's my cue that he wants to play.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Then he does care on some levels which is great. Maybe someday he'll finally decide you paid enough and have earned his trust. Nerd loved me but my sister and he had some games that were only between them. Lurch was a equal opportunity biter but he did finally decide I was his chosen one. Sister was to allow him to watch her make dinner and provide treats, I was the head scritcher.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
@Wasabisaurus

Secret got me last night. Both hands. About 1 1/2 inches away from giving me a scar that looked like it was self inflicted.

Totally my fault of course but it still hurts.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awe, I am sorry. Both hands? Ow ow ow! It's surprizing how the area bruises with a bite. Mine looks like I was warding off blows from an assailant a lot bigger than Wasabi.
I hope you bruises aren't too bad. How did she get both hands?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Mine are covered with bandaids..... inside the left hand just below fingers and on the right one, on the wrist below thumb. I think I had a few bites before that... then the bird decided I wasn't taking her seriously and obviously I was a threat. Then the fun started.

My bad totally. I work with them to get them to flap wings at night. I turned Secret to face away from me and was going to take her down the hallway on a stick flapping. She flew off and landed on the tile floor and freaked me out thinking she was injured from my stupidity. I reached for her because I was scared that landing on the tile had hurt her.....

Bird is acting normal so I guess she's okay.

I'm a sick person though... I was thinking of having husband take a picture for @JLcribber bite thread before he bandaged me up.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
BADBITE.JPG

It really didn't hurt all that much, but it sure looks like it did. I've certainly had worse bites.

Attachments

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 251163

It really didn't hurt all that much, but it sure looks like it did. I've certainly had worse bites.

I agree! Oh My Goodness Gracious!!!!

Super :unsure1: Yikes!

I also think it would be good on that Site/Bite thread area you mentioned.

:hug1:
Rain