• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Off we go - Round two - Caique breeding

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Well, Cha-Cha laid her second egg of clutch#2 last night. Found it cold in the nest this morning. So she pushed it aside while she was sleeping.

I popped it in the incubator. I have no idea if I could hand feed a day old baby, or even if I will have the time to do so every hour or so ( new job I hope) but its too soon to make that decision yet. So play for time.

Day one of the New Year, challenge 1 has arrived

CallmeSweetie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Andrea
errrrr where are our NEKKID pix today????????

Happy New 2016 wishing you many many babies xx

Gosh every hour feeding yes perhaps cross that bridge when it comes

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Thumper is a darling. Thanks for the pix. I know you can do the feedings the newly hatched chick would need. Of course, a job would make many complications, but perhaps you could take him with you and feed him at work. It cannot hurt to ask your boss about it. Most people would be fascinated with the possibility of watching a baby bird grow up right before their eyes.

You doubt yourself too much, JP. The fact Thumper is thriving and doing so well is proof you CAN do it.

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Yes but another possibility arose today. The local bird farm has offered to put a ring on Thumper for me. And I see that they have 50+ chicks, all species being hand raised.

I bet they wouldnt mind adding one more tiny chick to the feeding schedule for a small fee. They certainly have the experience as they're selling hand raised BHC. I could take control again when the chick is big enough.

That's if the egg is fertile.