• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Not nearly as beautiful as Blu’s but we made a Jolly Ball.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
This is priceless - just her size! <3

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Huh...That's a 14" ball? I have a Galah right now he's afraid of anything different. How long did it take your bird to get used to things like that? That's awesome, 14"?

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes it’s a 14”. I have yet to find anything that my girls are scared of luckily. They are all extremely brave and the second a new toy is hung it’s explored. That photo was literally 3 minutes after I hung it on the stand.

Huh...That's a 14" ball? I have a Galah right now he's afraid of anything different. How long did it take your bird to get used to things like that? That's awesome, 14"?

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
WOW I AM SOOOO jealous! My Freddy is a scaredy cat! I took a chance though and hung some foraging cups in his cage and just a few minutes he was trying to figure out how to get into it. My lovebirds know anything I give them is for fun or to eat so they are right there when I have anything for them. Although this is also the first day he was displaying real cockatoo behaviour too so maybe he could be changing. We have had him 8 weeks this past saturday.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
They are naturally curious. I bet Freddy will become more and more comfortable as the days and months pass with you:). Layla was about 3 when I bought her as a craigslist rehome and luckily her past was an excellent one. She came from a wonderful parrot store and both her previous owners raised her to be confident and secure so I lucked out. Can’t wait to hear more about Freddys progress!

WOW I AM SOOOO jealous! My Freddy is a scaredy cat! I took a chance though and hung some foraging cups in his cage and just a few minutes he was trying to figure out how to get into it. My lovebirds know anything I give them is for fun or to eat so they are right there when I have anything for them. Although this is also the first day he was displaying real cockatoo behaviour too so maybe he could be changing. We have had him 8 weeks this past saturday.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I knew Layla would take to it immediately. She squeezes into Mali’s 10” ball. She looks a bit like a chubby cat getting through a too small cat door. Lol.
First I was laughing at your description...

Layla even squeezes herself into the 10” and then needs rescuing which is why I had to make her her own big one lol View attachment 262731 View attachment 262732 View attachment 262733
... and then you had to go and post a pic. I'm dying! :pinklol:

What did you use to cut the holes? We didn't get Bug until Jan quit selling the 14" Jolly Balls. :unsure1: We were a day late and a dollar short for those and Avian Stainless. :facepalm:

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Lol! It was a sight to see! I was nervous for her as she squeezed out but not too nervous for a quick photo op before assisting her. Lol

We used a reciprocating saw to cut the holes out. And the ball was at amazon. I think it’s called 14” jollypets ball.

First I was laughing at your description...

... and then you had to go and post a pic. I'm dying! :pinklol:

What did you use to cut the holes? We didn't get Bug until Jan quit selling the 14" Jolly Balls. :unsure1: We were a day late and a dollar short for those and Avian Stainless. :facepalm: