1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Not nearly as beautiful as Blu’s but we made a Jolly Ball.

Discussion in 'Enrichment and Foraging Park' started by Laylatoo, 12/3/17.

1. Laylatoo

Laylatoo Sprinting down the street I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

68C553A2-C0D6-4E83-BFA6-888F39773C61.jpeg I've always been mad at myself for not getting a 14” Jolly Ball from Blu’s bird toys when I had the chance so with Jan’s help and guidance, my husband and I were able to make our own. Hardware from Blu’s, hubby cut all the holes (14” ball does not come with the holes precut) and drilled for the hardware and I strung the toys. Layla absolutly loves it so although not nearly as gorgeous as Jan’s jolly balls- I’m thrilled with it. Thank you Jan for the info and help:)

2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    You did an amazing job!

Laylatoo and DQTimnehs like this.
  3. WallyLoopey

WallyLoopey Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Kate
    That's my amazon's FAVORITE toy. He gets inside and rolls over on his back, talking.

She will love it!

4. Aubrey

Aubrey Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Looks great!

@Jan

5. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Administrator DQ Lou Who Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Jennifer
    Great job! I didn't realize they came big enough for birds that large to go in!

6. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    That’s amazing! Nicely done!

Laylatoo and expressmailtome like this.
  7. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Deanna
    What a wonderful job, your bird will love it!

Laylatoo likes this.
  8. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

That's very nice!

Laylatoo likes this.
  9. Laylatoo

Thanks everyone! I knew Layla would take to it immediately. She squeezes into Mali’s 10” ball. She looks a bit like a chubby cat getting through a too small cat door. Lol. Jazzi hasn’t gone inside yet but has chewed on the toys so she’ll explore it soon enough I’m sure. :)

jmfleish, DQTimnehs and Tiel Feathers like this.
  10. taxidermynerd

taxidermynerd Rollerblading along the road I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Bee
    How neat! I bought a 10 inch one, I still need to drill the holes for the hardware and stuff. Your fids look like they're having a blast :)

Laylatoo likes this.
  11. WendyN

WendyN Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Wendy
    Looks very good!
    The important thing is that they enjoy it. And it looks like she does indeed!

Laylatoo likes this.
  12. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    Such a cutie! I have a bigger one in storage that Kishka used to like. We packed it away when we moved though and I'd be hard pressed to find it at this point. I have a ton of boxes I need to go through...sigh...

DQTimnehs and Laylatoo like this.
  13. Archiesmom

Archiesmom Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Natalie
    Wow, this is gorgeous! My birds will pay with the "toy" part of the Jolly Ball I have, but won't go in it. Does Layla go inside the Jolly Ball?

Laylatoo likes this.
  14. Laylatoo

Oh yes. Her and Mali both go in. Jazzi won’t yet though. Layla even squeezes herself into the 10” and then needs rescuing which is why I had to make her her own big one lol 486E7A87-8CFC-45E7-BD48-F30229F3C40B.jpeg 0D92D0FB-96CF-427E-9EF6-77EED598A12B.jpeg 16AEED6F-9FDD-48F5-B1A5-EDF6D83685FD.jpeg

15. Zoepr143

Zoepr143 Walking the driveway

Zoë
    Amazing! It looks really fun!

16. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Administrator DQ Lou Who Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Jennifer
    Is that her squeezing out of the 10" ball?! :rofl:

17. Laylatoo

Yep! She was cracking me up. I thought maybe she’d decide not to go in anymore but nope, she just kept on squeezing while I sang about her being too tubby. Lol

18. DQTimnehs

Jennifer

So cute! :heart:

19. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    Those are adorable pictures! What a cutie she is!

20. Archiesmom

Archiesmom Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Natalie
    I'll have to order some foot toys and make up some foraging treats to try and coax the birds in there!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)