• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am still seeing quite a gap, I will try on another browser in a sec.

On the main forum page everything looks squishy, but after collapsing the side bar there, it makes the page wider, when you view threads and such though, it goes back to being squishy looking. I have a wide screen monitor. (I am using my desktop at the moment)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Renee can you take a screenshot of a gap for me?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The footer is one of my favorite things about it :D He did a great job all around :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
I personally think it is nice. The landscape up top reminds me of that default windows background that they used to put up, though lol

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did a "medium-wide" so can the wide screens test it for me? Its not doubled but its 240 pixels bigger than it was. Its as big as I can go on this screen (Apple needs to get with it already and release that new iMac so I can finally upgrade).

If that still isnt wide enough I can do another step bigger. I made the default slightly wider as well.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
That's a LOT better, Jill. There's only a bit over an inch of border on each side for me now. I'm cool with this but can't speak for others. Nice work and fast. :cool10:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Medium wide is much much better! I like it

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didnt want to go too wide to start because when I was messing with trying the scaled version it blew the sides out and it was not nearly as nice to look at :o: I can still do another wider of course but I dont know that we'll need to actually double the header to get what we want. I'll have to rely on all of you to let me know - its pretty easy to just stretch the header and adjust the pixel width of the forum.

TITANIS

You can try one size wider that isn't twice as wide if the work isn't too time consuming. I'm OK with the current width but others may be using bigger monitors. I guess you're going by standard display resolution widths as your guide?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Actually I just took a guess :lol: I set the main as 1000 pixels (from 960) and then went up to 1200. Images in browsers tend to look much bigger than what they would look like in photoshop or similar. I'll try 1600. Hopefully the header wont look too stretched.

Last edited:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wide (1600) is up :)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
wow that one is wide :lol:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wont even tempt it on mine! :laughin:

TITANIS

Actually, the header isn't that bad. I guess you can leave the 1600 as an option for the biggest monitor users. I'm probably going to stick with the medium wide. Looks like you found a solution and it didn't take all that much time considering the new scheme is only a few hours old.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So I guess we wont really need a double wide :lol: I was shocked when I put it up the first time. Could barely fit the 1200 on mine:D That new iMac cant be released soon enough.

TITANIS

Double wide would be huge. I seriously doubt there would be anyone needing something that wide. My biggest monitor actually has a resolution width of 2560 but I don't ever use its entire width for browsing. I have the browser only taking up half that width and then there's the side bar on the browser itself that reduces the page width even further. Everyone's setup is different.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Thanks for all the different options!
Using the widest one now and it looks good, even the header :)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay, Im so glad it works :D

Status
Not open for further replies.