• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

andor

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
I got it to look like the attached by overriding the CSS with the following to make it more variable

Code:
body {
    width:95%;
    min-width:960px;
    max-width: 100%;
}
.above_body {
    background-image: url('/images/bluetheme/background.jpg');
}

Attachments

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
I have to say that the fixed-width is also a hindrance for me as well. It requires more scrolling because posts are automatically longer with the text condensed. There is no way to reconcile scalability and the new theme? :huh:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There are so many threads I dont know which ones Ive posted this too :o: I emailed him and asked for a widescreen version so we can accommodate both. The header Im sure requires it to be fixed width since it is an image vs a gradient (or empty).

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
I have to say that the fixed-width is also a hindrance for me as well. It requires more scrolling because posts are automatically longer with the text condensed. There is no way to reconcile scalability and the new theme? :huh:
Bottom left...click the drop-down bar, then click "V4Bdefault" the screen goes back to how it was before.

TITANIS

There are so many threads I dont know which ones Ive posted this too :o: I emailed him and asked for a widescreen version so we can accommodate both. The header Im sure requires it to be fixed width since it is an image vs a gradient (or empty).
OK, that makes sense. Hmm, I'm sure it's a temporary snag and some compromise can be found. Perhaps make a mirror image of the header and paste it together end-to-end for those with wide-screen monitors, and have it as a selectable theme? It would be easy to accomplish in Photoshop and take a few minutes.

I have to say the colors are really, really nice, though. :cool10:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is what I would like to try, unfortunately Im not on my home computer and dont have photoshop on this one :( I'll get fixed one way or another though :D

Could any of you with widescreens flip back to default, scale it how you like it and tell me how many pixels across it is? You can take a screenshot and send it to me even (just dont resize).

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
Just do variable widths. Seriously, try the code I pasted :p

The taking the current header image and making it wider won't work and have it looks the same as the
middle part will have to scale. It will get cut off on either the left or the right if the header image isn't at its maximum. You'd have to do a simple image gradient (like the previous version) or tile a pattern.

That is what I would like to try, unfortunately Im not on my home computer and dont have photoshop on this one :( I'll get fixed one way or another though :D

Could any of you with widescreens flip back to default, scale it how you like it and tell me how many pixels across it is? You can take a screenshot and send it to me even (just dont resize).

TITANIS

And, you know what the great thing about that would be? It wouldn't appear mirrored because the parrots in the upper left would be obscuring much of the pasted portion and it should still look decent.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha

Err...I might do in the morning. Reading that makes no sens to me right now but I would like to help.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really dont want to blow out the header image... thats kinda what "makes it" for me as far as the look goes.

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, Titanis' suggestion really does work well. I didn't quite understand what he was saying at the time. Screen shot 2011-04-29 at 11.23.22 PM.jpg

Code:
body {
    width:95%;
    min-width:960px;
    max-width: 100%;
}
.above_body {
    background-image: url('HEADERIMAGELOCATION.PNG');
}
Header image attached.

Attachments

TITANIS

Matt, that's great. I had in mind the reversed mirroring, though. So, that the clouds are at the extremities. :)

Could you try that perhaps? :huh:

BTW, Jill, did I tell you that I really, really, really like the new color scheme...?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Anyone notice the face in the center of the clouds on the header image that Matt posted :)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
BTW, Jill, did I tell you that I really, really, really like the new color scheme...?
Thank you :) Is it not just so much nicer to look at and easier on the eyes?! :)

TITANIS

Thank you :) Is it not just so much nicer to look at and easier on the eyes?! :)
I very much like the shades of color used, extremely pleasing yet subtle. It gets better and better the more you use the site, so yes, I agree that it's a lot easier on the eyes as well as looking much nicer. :cool10: :)

Heatherina

Hit the Road
I gotta say i like the new header A LOT. Good job. I use this site on my laptop, widescreen touch screen and my ipad and it looks pretty good all ways.
Good job

TITANIS

You know, that could actually work. Once the parrots are put in place on the left side, the clouds will be obscured and they'd fill in nicely where the horizon line dips.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I like that one better.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I'd still like the "regular" version a little wider than it is and Im pretty sure I can do that once Im back on my main computer. I messed with it a bit in the back so Im pretty certain I can get it all done. I played with making it where you can auto scale but it blows out the sides completely and is not nearly as easy to look at (crazy how that all is). It also tiles the header and that doesnt look as nice as the other options. We'll get there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.