• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am liking it actually, keeps t his old girl on her toes....

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had another idea this morning (yes, I woke up thinking about this whole thing,lol). I just added another version that scales. The header image should fill the top unless you go beyond 1600 pixels wide.

andor

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
Yay, scalable. Using this one. Thank you Jill =D

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I might change it to be the default and still have the others as options. Maybe we should do a poll but i think the scaled version is the coolest. It wont fill the top past 1600 but I can live with that.:)

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
It fills the top up to 3600 (The widest I can go, I have two monitors), it just tiles the header image.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh yeah I forgot to check the tile setting. Do you think its okay like that or should I make it not tile? I'll go flip it to now so you can test it if you would be so kind :D

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
Keep it tiled, since the background is centered, the toolbar thing with the notifications and such is white text on white background if the window's too wide.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks! :D

I have been watching and waiting for so long. I can hardly wait!!!!!!!! It will be so weird not having the tower anymore (I have a G5) but the iMacs are just way too cool now :)

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Keep it tiled, since the background is centered, the toolbar thing with the notifications and such is white text on white background if the window's too wide.
I agree with this. On my big monitor (2560) the header turns to white on the sides. Anyway, I don't know anyone who browses the web with windows that wide. You're constantly moving your head left to right, it gets tiring and plain doesn't look right. The scaled version is what I'm using now and it looks perfect. Awesome job Jill!! :goodjob:

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
I have a 13" Mac and the smallest version works perfectly for my computer, as I don't ever use a full-screen window when browsing. Love the colors and the new setup, Jill!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the input :D Put it back to tiled so that should be covered if it ever gets that wide:) Set the scaled version as default; I have a feeling that will be the most popular setting anyway since its what we are more used to :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I like the header. I've been on other forums that change things,when they do, people think they been attacked! It is nice to see a civil discussion the changes. Makes me feel good to be part of AA.

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
I like the header. I've been on other forums that change things,when they do, people think they been attacked! It is nice to see a civil discussion the changes. Makes me feel good to be part of AA.
I thought the mods changed it only for me because they hate me and want all my RIGHT socks in addition to my left =[

kneel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
kneel
should of never left the 3x series. I know I tested the 4 series a few times, I didn't like the coding, and my members hated it. I personally think that 3.8.7 is the place to be, but, a lot of people are upgrading to the 4 series. Myself, will not be doing so.

Anyways, the forum skin was designed perfect!! All the colors are great together!! I hope to get a custom made skin for my vb very very soon. I have shown a few of the members this place as a reference and they love it!! (All tho it will be the 3.x series..)

Anyhoo...just my 1 cent as a forum admin... :cool1:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I agree T, it was a big success - Jill worked her fingers off and made this one of the smoothest upgrades that I have been a part of - kudos to her! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
I agree T, it was a big success - Jill worked her fingers off and made this one of the smoothest upgrades that I have been a part of - kudos to her! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
She worked her fingers off? This explains why I haven't seen much of her 'round these parts lately.. Jill: I hope they grow back or that you can master typing with your toes!

Love the new forum bunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.