• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My new (used) Expandable Habitats cage

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
He likes his boing, well he use to until he got the atom :lol:But I haven't tried them in a cage yet. I use to have a swing and an orb thing in his old cage but he prefers stable things in his cage. But I will look into getting a new boing made with ss to try. Thanks for the idea and pics!
You are welcome :) I wish weeble would use her atom. I got her one in sept and she is still terrified of it :bag: It is currently sitting in her closet :(

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Do you have any idea how long that one is @vmashley03 ? Like if you measured it from one end to the other, uncoiled? I would love one of theirs but couldn't figure out the length uncoiled. The one I went with is a 96", but is still about 10" shy of reaching the cage bottom once coiled and I'd like one a little longer.
I have no idea how long it is uncoiled..but it is massive (I know that's like no help). I did take a photo of both boings side by side though for reference (I believe the uncoiled length of the one on the right is 106") image.jpg

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I have no idea how long it is uncoiled..but it is massive (I know that's like no help). I did take a photo of both boings side by side though for reference (I believe the uncoiled length of the one on the right is 106") View attachment 173998
Thanks, lady. I appreciate it :)

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Here's a quick snap of what I mean. She was not in the mood to smile for the camera just now, lol. That cage is awesome, btw. I still can't believe what a great deal you got it for! View attachment 173990

This is how both boys cages are arranged too. :) The boing is the centerpiece, (I rotate sisal and cotton) and I arrange all other perches/toys from that. Neither one touches the bottom, they both actually have bells on them. Boris LOVES to hang from the bottom of his and swing and squeals.... :rolleyes:

SamatranTiger

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Btw IGAW is coming out with some side mounted toys..I feel like all I do is shop for bird things :hehe:
Tell me about it!! The first item on my list of things to do after my final exams are over is buy more bird stuff!! :shopcart:

And I just saw a few of the IGAW side mount toys on facebook...this one is my favorite thus far:
IGAWSideMount.jpg

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Tell me about it!! The first item on my list of things to do after my final exams are over is buy more bird stuff!! :shopcart:

And I just saw a few of the IGAW side mount toys on facebook...this one is my favorite thus far:
View attachment 174095
:hehe: Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels like they are constantly ordering things! this one is my favorite (well all 3 are wonderful!)
image.jpg

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo

This is how both boys cages are arranged too. :) The boing is the centerpiece, (I rotate sisal and cotton) and I arrange all other perches/toys from that. Neither one touches the bottom, they both actually have bells on them. Boris LOVES to hang from the bottom of his and swing and squeals.... :rolleyes:
ooh, i take the bells off. don't tell weeble :bag: :lol:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
ooh, i want side mount toys. are they on the store site yet? meybe I can add some to my pending order :dance4:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Btw IGAW is coming out with some side mounted toys..I feel like all I do is shop for bird things :hehe:

I need to check those out since that's how I put a lot of Merlin's toys. However, Merlin and Sophie loved their IGAW toys so much that even Merlin had hers destroyed in a day. Sophie's lasted 10 minutes each :rofl: Obviously those ladies make toys that REALLY appeal to birds, but I told them this could be an expensive habit :)

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
I need to check those out since that's how I put a lot of Merlin's toys. However, Merlin and Sophie loved their IGAW toys so much that even Merlin had hers destroyed in a day. Sophie's lasted 10 minutes each :rofl: Obviously those ladies make toys that REALLY appeal to birds, but I told them this could be an expensive habit :)
Pretty sure the vendors on her sprinkle magic fairy dust on their toys or something because Charlie is addicted!!! I was like Charlie you are very lucky I can support your lifestyle :roflmao:

toos&macaws

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Do you have any idea how long that one is @vmashley03 ? Like if you measured it from one end to the other, uncoiled? I would love one of theirs but couldn't figure out the length uncoiled. The one I went with is a 96", but is still about 10" shy of reaching the cage bottom once coiled and I'd like one a little longer.

Our Large Spring Swings are about 108" or maybe a bit more if you get the swivel. The Jumbo Spring Swings are 6 inches longer. That is if you stretch them out straight from end to end. Hope this helps.

suchjosh

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joshua
I think a centerpiece boing is a good idea with such a big cage. It fills up a lot of volume and gives the bird access from the top to the bottom of the cage. A bendable rope perch running from one side in the front to the other side in the back would be another good addition to give access the front and back of the cage, plus you can put one end higher to give some height diversity as well.

It is an astoundingly nice cage, perfect for a grey.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What a lucky grey! The cage looks great!

Matt

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:lol: Yes, but he does go on every perch, yay! I was worried he would stick to one area so I spread out his food and treats. He doesn't go inside the hut yet though. He did follow my hand in there once. And he has fallen a couple times (startled) off the corner sandy perch, that's to wide for him to grip.
Having some fun :smuggrin:
image.jpg