• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My new (used) Expandable Habitats cage

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
For those of you that don't know, I was able to buy an Expandable Habitats cage (48306, I think) from Craigslist for super cheap. I don't personally have the cage, but it is at a family members house, in another state. I wanted to start this thread because I am excited and want to post the pictures and updates as they come. So here are the first pictures I got from my family member after he picked up the cage. The people did not clean the cage... So I'm hoping the marks on the bottom of the panels is just poop and not rust. I'm not sure what the rod thing is in the third picture?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks NICE!! :) Who will be the lucky owner?

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Lucky!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Nice! :D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
nice!!!

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Ok, you have all the main panels there. The two that have those little doors on them, one has a perch attached and the other has a lock on it in pic #1, those are the side panels.

The main door is the 2 panels in pic #1. The one on the far left is one side and the one next to the base is your other one.

Now, in pic #3 there is some sort of rod thing. My guess is that it belongs on the door maybe???? If the guy did not mention anything to your cousin who picked it up as to where it goes, don't worry as you can send the pic to Trisha and she will be able to tell you what that is for.

The wheels are off the base. Did the guys take them off? Do you have them?

The plastic tray type thing that the paper slides over is missing along with the side guards but you can get all those replacement parts easily.

Rather than using locks on all the doors I highly recommend ordering the rods that you just drop in that slot. A heck of a lot easier when I converted over from using the locks and having to deal with keys and then when the lock on the door where the water bowl was and Jody would take a bath in her bowl and eventually that lock would stop working. Tricia sent me the extra long Macaw size and Kalea has yet (knock on wood) to be able to remove it.

You got a steal and am happy that you got it. If I had been able to get ahold of the guy again, making sure of the size of the cage and all, I would have gone out there, picked up the cage and continued on and picked up a little birdie that still might be coming here.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He didn't say where that rod thing went, but I sent the pics to Tricia this morning and waiting for her to reply. There is two bags full of screws and a couple bowls, so I'm hoping the wheels are in there. I will text my cousin and see if they are in open of those bags. I'm also going to ask if those dark spots on the bottom is rust or dried on poop. So far what I have paid for this cage is $200, I gave the guy $175 and giving my cousin $25 for picking it up and storing it. Tricia thinks the screws are brass, so to replace all screw with ss ones would be $8 and new sheet metal $120 and $22 for som brackets to hold it I guess. She didn't give me a price yet on the plastic tray. Now the hard part is finding someone to get it to me. Still trying to figure that out.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Dang but at least it is yours! Fabulous haul!

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Ugh... Tricia just told me to have them use a magnet to see if it's stainless, I guess they made a chrome cage?? I'm waiting for Mike (my dad's cousin) to do the test. Not sure when he will do it. He is also suppose to check for rust. Now I'm scared. :scared2: She said it didn't look like a chrome cage but should check before I pay to have it shipped and buy the missing parts.
I just got a bid on uship.com for $183.00 and the bid expires tomorrow.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It's not stainless, but it may be aluminum. Magnets don't stick to that.
I don't think they made aluminum... Just powder coated and stainless. But then again, I didn't know they did chrome cages... Tricia didn't mention anything about aluminum.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I accepted a bid of $115 from uship.com ($20 added to that for using uship) and it's already on its way to me! :dance5:The driver said he will be here tomorrow night! Look at all the other stuff he is hauling, just like the tv show shipping wars lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Wow, great price for the shipping, too!