• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new babies need names!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I think you mean Burt is GIANT!!! Glad to help :swoon::p

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I now have two budgies who will eventually go out into one half of the aviary once I’ve finished cleaning and setting it up and I’m hoping in the meantime to earn the complete trust of these two gorgeous babies I impulsively brought home.
View attachment 303545

I was told they were parent raised and not handled (other than to be boxed up for me to bring home), they will already sit on my hand as long as I don’t move and if I have this grass stuff that grows in our yard then they are all over me.
I’m not sure what the grass is so any help would be appreciated...same as name suggestions :) View attachment 303546

I will post some better pics of the babies soon in the hopes someone can confirm what sex they are as I’m having a hard time deciding.

Cute birds.....so adorable!
Here's a few names...
Palila....Rima ( means speaking the language of birds)....or birdena. Good luck!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What beautiful sweet little faces!!! :heart: Congratulations.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
No I haven’t. Nothing has quite sounded right yet.
Wait if you can. :)

When I named my Icelandic horse foal it was only 1 days old. I named her Freyja wich means, a kind and goodness girl in Icelandic.
Just after some months she turns out to be one of the worst horse I ever had. She got so much attitude so her mom was afraid of her. And then she was only 2 months old.
The name that I had as second choice was Frenja wich means, wild angry girl. Did I ever regret that.. (you need to register them as foal so you can't change that later)
(But she did end up as a good competition horse, but was not easy to handle)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The name that I had as second choice was Frenja wich means, wild angry girl.
Good advice, waiting. If my mother had waited to name my sister I think she'd have named her Frenja. :bored:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Wait if you can. :)

When I named my Icelandic horse foal it was only 1 days old. I named her Freyja wich means, a kind and goodness girl in Icelandic.
Just after some months she turns out to be one of the worst horse I ever had. She got so much attitude so her mom was afraid of her. And then she was only 2 months old.
The name that I had as second choice was Frenja wich means, wild angry girl. Did I ever regret that.. (you need to register them as foal so you can't change that later)
(But she did end up as a good competition horse, but was not easy to handle)

You like horses? Oh my, gotta go on that computer and dig up some photos of my horses.
You'll love these. Sweep debar, was a 17 1/2 hands palamino. The blood lines are a mile long! Won many show compititions.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Pip and squeak are starting to feel right for names for my new tiny guys but I’m not totally set on it yet. lol name choosing is sometimes so hard!!

They so far have learnt that toys are great fun to chew and swing from, they now looove sprouts of all sorts, they are so very curious and happy to receive any fresh foliage I’ve offered so I think they are coming along nicely.
They took a few days to accept and try a natural perch so for now I have still left the dowels in their cage but they are using the fresh branch more and more. I will add some different branches maybe tomorrow and see how they go.
I’ve been adding more and more to their food bowl each day and so far they seem to at least try most things I am offering. They came home being used to a mostly millet diet (old crap as it won’t even sprout) and would sort through everything in the bowl for just the millet but they are now trying the other seeds, fresh foods and bird bread I offer them. I offer the wet foods separate to dry and to start with they had zero interest....now they can’t wait to see what bits and textures are in the wet bowl.
I’m so happy to see them try and learn new things each day.

Just wanted to update and thank everyone for their support with my impulsive purchase of these cuties which came alongside complete commitment to give them both a great life. I should not have bought them for so many reasons, but how could I leave without them knowing the little blue one (maybe pip) was constantly getting out and being chased by the customers and flying outside the store? As bad as my impulsive purchasing was I feel it was for a good reason and will at least benefit these two sweethearts 31742B11-1384-4E45-ABBF-B4654A4D5916.jpeg

Thanks guys :)

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oops I owe you guys much better pics....I will try to remember to do that tomorrow when they are awake :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
There are impulse purchases that don't make any sense and ones that do.

You knew you could provide them with a good loving home. And you knew what you were getting into.

You didn't just say oh look cute birdies. I am going to take them home. They would look cute in my living room.

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
There are impulse purchases that don't make any sense and ones that do.

You knew you could provide them with a good loving home. And you knew what you were getting into.

You didn't just say oh look cute birdies. I am going to take them home. They would look cute in my living room.
exactly! The lady I bought my first birds from did exactly that. She had had a budgie for 18 years before, that was tame. And she had forgotten that it takes time to tame a bird, and didn't take into account that two of them together take even more time. Also she was lied to at the shop, she was told they were both 8 weeks but Merlin was clearly already an adult, and he wouldn't hear about being tamed. He is missing a toe and God knows how that ever happened but he would not be approached.
Then she realised that being retired, she actually had quite a busy life, traveling and going to her cabin on week ends, birds were not convenient at all. Three weeks after buying them she put them out for sale. When I bought them they had been for sale for 2 months, they had been out of their tiny cage only twice. Took too much time to get them back inside since they weren't tame, so she just kept them in. Impulse purchases can be stupid...

But I sure don't think you did an impulse purchase when you bought those 2 cuties. You did an impulse rescue. That's different.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@Shezbug Have any names felt right for your darling budgies yet? Did you decide to keep Pip and Squeak or are you still searching?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh dear, I’m sorry for not updating you on this :(

I have a habit of calling the blue one Little Blue Pip and the green one gets called Squeaky Green bird. Lol so it’s Pip and Squeak!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I can certainly see why you could not pass these little pippy and squeaky budgies up! Good for you - yes 'impulse rescue'! They really are so cute.

ElisaDove81

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elisa
Oh dear, I’m sorry for not updating you on this :(

I have a habit of calling the blue one Little Blue Pip and the green one gets called Squeaky Green bird. Lol so it’s Pip and Squeak!
that is so darn cute! love the names for those cuties

SummerBerry

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ashlyn
Adorable! How about Pepin for one? That was one of my top picks before I got Zee.