• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Hero

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Aww I hope he feels better soon. Maybe more doggy play dates are in order. Do you have a dog park near you? Or doggy day care, even 1 day/week might cheer him up and give him something to look forward to. :hug8: to you both.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I'm so sorry about Raven. Poor Tully. I'm glad that he was able to save your family and that he is feeling better.

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
:sadhug2:
I'm still so sad for both of you. Poor little hero, I hope he feels better soon.

As for your question on dogs grieving, I don't know. Like humans there is no specific way animal will mourn.

I'm not saying rush out and get another friend for Tully, especially if you aren't ready yourselves. But when Shadow's brother Buck passed he only cheered up some when I brought home a pair of puppies. I do not know how long it would have taken to work through his grief if I hadn't gotten him new friends but it had been about two months where he'd nearly stopped eating and lost 20 pounds.
He was never as close to them as he was to his brother and Bear and Pete weren't all that close to each other either. They didn't mourn when Pete passed, Shadow was too addled with dementia when Bear passed, and now they and Buck are together again.