• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Christmas gift

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Oh she's so so cute! I've never had a dog before. :(

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I considered getting a Havanese several years ago after seeing them at an America's Family Pet Expo. Is the Havashire one of the newer hybrid/designer breeds?
Yes it is.

She weighs a whopping 2 lbs and 10 ozs. She has a yeast infection in both ears. Poor puppy. She did not like having them cleaned and then medicine put in her ears.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congrats on the little cutie.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes it is.

She weighs a whopping 2 lbs and 10 ozs. She has a yeast infection in both ears. Poor puppy. She did not like having them cleaned and then medicine put in her ears.

She is very tiny. How big do they get? Sorry that she has yeast infection in her ears. Hope that this resolves quickly.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
She is very tiny. How big do they get? Sorry that she has yeast infection in her ears. Hope that this resolves quickly.
I hate ear infections myself. It may have been a good thing though. I'm sure she wasn't hearing the macaws at their loudest. If she is still scratching at her ear next week I'm supposed to take her back in.
I'm not sure how big they get because there isn't alot about the mixed breed (Havanese and Yorkie). I'm hoping around 10 pounds but even if it is 20 (which is a really big Havanese) it will be okay.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor little pooch. Itchy ears are no fun :(

Any more pics :bliss:

Debbie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debbie
Lucky you! I would never turn down an animal under my Christmas tree! But with my hubby that is never going to happen. All the animals that have entered our household have been because I have gone and gotten them! No, I take that back, many, many years ago we had a Sheltie and we were thinking of getting a second dog. Neighbors across the street from us had a litter of Chow Chow pups..My husband kept on ringing the doorbell, I would open it, and he would be holding his favorite pup, which we ended up getting...It wasn't until a week later that I started reading about the breed that now graced our household. Lucky none of the bad stories I read came to pass, she ended up being a fantastic dog, when the kids came she always watched over them...
Anyway, that was the only time...and he is never happy whenever I have brought a new animal in. The dogs usually win him over....the birds...not so much.
What a cutie....look forward to hearing your puppy stories...my last puppy is now 7yrs old.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
well puppy is growing and has so much energy. she goes ijnto the bird room and drags things out of the room. makes more fun work for me but she has no fear of the big birds.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
She's a cutie! Side note on the yeasty ears... I had a lhasa mix with chronic yeast infections in her ears. The only thing that helped keep it to a minimum was a limited ingredient diet. I used Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance but there are others out there. Basically I had to find a grain-free with a protein that didn't exacerbate her allergies. That and cleaning well then dosing her ears with Mometamax as soon as I noticed it coming back. Fortunately, my vet was great about refilling it without seeing her so I could keep it on hand!

Congrats and good luck!

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
check up tomorrow and some shots.
she has escaped her bathroom five times today.
now its not if she will escape it is how soon will she escape?

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
LOL - an escape artist! Start kennel/crate training - it will save your sanity! Our 2 that can't be trusted free when we're gone are both crate trained and I rarely even tell them to go in anymore. They know when we're leaving and go on their own. Consider a microchip, too, for the day she darts out the door!

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
she gained a pound. i will ask the vet about micro chipping the next time we go in. she is in a crate at night but during the day i leave her in the bathroom with puppy pads because I'm gone so long. she is wound up tonight .