• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Chihuahua "Mia the good"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Awwww...what a cute array of itty-bitty's running around in this thread. :heart:

oddbird

Walking the driveway
Janet I just love your Maltihuahua,so sweet!!!!

Everyones chis are adorable! i started making a little chihuahua website :)take a peek gotchihuahuas - Home

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Look at all the cute puppies! :heart:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Poppie and Puck want to join the party! these are my ten year old babies! :heart:

i CANT beleive i missed this thread! All your chihuahuas are ADORABLE!

Attachments

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
hey what do you guys do in winter time? It has been around the 50's here right now and Lady is super cold!! At night she sleeps under the covers so its not problem but during the day I give her a jacket to wear but sometimes she still shivers a little bit.

I saw some Panamas the other day, they might help her out and not be as heavy as a jacket for her. what do you guys do your little ones in winter?

oddbird

Walking the driveway
I trained Mia to go outside to go to the bathroom ,& we are in NE ,PA its cold & snows in winter,i shovel a spot for her to go ,plus we have an Awning that hangs over the front porch where she goes in winter....she dosn't like the cold at all ,but i put a coat on her & shes goes out, thinking of getting booties too ,but i was told they don't stay on anyway....

Mia goes out alot less in winter that when the weather is nice....she tells me when she needs/wants to go out by comming up to me and pushing me with her two front paws then she does a little dance in a circle...all this means ..."get up off your lazy *** and let me out please" :hehe: in the winter this happens only a few times a day ,and she out and back in in a flash ...in summer its alot more often & she stays out much longer to frolic in the yard (we have a completely fenced in yard ) and she loves to lay in the sun on the porch too :)

Last edited:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I have coats/sweaters for my smooth Dachshunds and for Chico. Chico never shivers and has a really thick coat, but my smooth dachshunds get cold and they seem to like their sweaters. They get coats on when it's raining outside.

Everyone's Chis are SO cute. I am enjoying this thread.

Vicki

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
They are all so cute!

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
We keep our house really warm in the winter, and have no problems:dance5:

Sometimes theres a storm and the power goes off, but then they'll stay with us somewhere else.

in the winter they pretty much REFUSE to go outside. Poppie will go out and and lay down with her feet in the air and SCREAM that scream chihuahua's have. They go a paper in the house. *sigh* yucky, but what else is there to do?

have you guys noticed how SMART these little guys are? I'm not just saying that because i am biased - even my DAD says that they're the smartest breed of dog that he's ever had, and they're not even his favorite! They seem to listen and gahh, i just can't describe how SMART they are! Even all of Poppies puppies have had a load a brains! i read somewhere they have the biggest brain of all dogs relative to body size! :)

oddbird

Walking the driveway
id like to have puck if you dont mind Emily :lol:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Sorry! pucks me grumpy little gremlin! LOL!

I wanted to post more of Poppie! (can't find anymore of Puckeydude - and i have cuter ones of Popcorn)

Attachments

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Poppie has such a sweet face :)

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Sorry! pucks me grumpy little gremlin! LOL!

I wanted to post more of Poppie! (can't find anymore of Puckeydude - and i have cuter ones of Popcorn)
he has a cute face!! love his eyes :heart:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
thanks! *she* is my baby!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.