• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Chihuahua "Mia the good"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Mia is absolutely adorable! So cute. Thank you for sharing her pictures.

I thought I would go ahead and share a picture of my Chi as well. Chico came here a couple of months ago as a rescue, but he is very fearful of people, settled in here nicely, loves my husband and I and so we decided he will stay. He is about 10 years old and has 3 teeth. He was kept in someones garage and apparently didn't get much attention. I wanted to change his name (since so many Chis I know are named Chico) but my husband, "oh, just leave it, he knows it". So we did. Here is our little ice cream scoop head!

Vicki

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is adorable!!! :heart:

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
OMG I love these lil guys.. so darn adorable. esp the too too!!!

oddbird

Walking the driveway
The Story of little Chico really touches my heart...poor little guy...im so glad you got him & he will have a good life now ,smooch him for me ok ?

Lady is a doll baby .

i just love chis every time i see one i want to go hug & kiss it even if its not Mia....I got Mia as a puppy and socialized her well, she loves everyone...shes a very special little girl w/ a heart of gold...she will be three years old on Jan 1st ,shes almost 5 pounds fawn color with white paws .

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Mia looks like my Lady!!!
Lady is so cute! They do look alike!

I got Mia as a puppy and socialized her well, she loves everyone...shes a very special little girl w/ a heart of gold...she will be three years old on Jan 1st ,shes almost 5 pounds fawn color with white paws .
I am a professional dog trainer so this statement makes me SOOOO happy! I LOVE hearing about social, well adjusted dogs. Yay! I have a new little one in my puppy class named BeBe that looks a lot like your little girls.:heart:

Vicki

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I thought I would post our other little Chi who is no longer with us. Happy was turned into the shelter because her owners couldn't afford her veterinary care. The senior rescue group I was fostering for pulled her and we took her home to foster a few months ago. This rescue group offers senior rehoming and hospice for dogs that are terminally sick. Unfortunately, Happy had cancer and my husband and I decided to offer Happy hospice care here. She was only with us for 2 weeks before the tumor in her mouth got too large for her to manage with, but we absolutely fell in love with her and spoiled her during her remaining days. She was the sweetest little dog. I am so happy that she died in my arms, with someone who loved her and not in the shelter.

Vicki

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Chihuahua's are my favorite!! It's a Chihuahua fest in the 'hood tonight and here is my Eevee. The first one is what I'd like her to be, a little diva who wants to be dressed! Alas she is really the second, ruff and tumble :p

Attachments

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: They're all so cute!!! :dance5:

oddbird

Walking the driveway
Vicki , Thanks! you wouldnt believe Mia...from day one i decided shes not going to have an accident in the house...i took her out every hour and i do mean every hour, set my alarm all night long , over and over...every hour during the night too...took her to the same place in our front yard...she never ever messed in her crate (crate trained her from day one too,thats another story that went excellent -got her to love her crate from day one) and shes only had one "accident" in the house Ever....(thats a funny story) she ONLY chews on her toys,cause from day one if she tried to chew on Anything else id say "Ehhh" and give her a toy to chew on instead....shes not mouthy at all cause again from day one i trained her otherwise....she was fully housetrained by 4 months old ...now she sleeps on the bed with me....i take her for walks & if were in a safe place i can leave her off leash cause as soon as i call her she comes right to me...and she dosnt go far from me either...i trained her right from day one....plus shes got a great temperment ...so its all good...she dosnt pull on her leash ...shes just amazing...i treat her like a big dog...shes very independant...Everyone who meets her says things like"Oh My God shes a chihuahua, she dosnt Act like one at all!" The only problem i really have with her is everyone who meets her wants to take her from me...even both my sons who are in thier 20's both say "Mom if anything happens to you ill take Mia " lol Sorry so long,Im long winded abt dogs,T.heres my website : gotchihuahuas - Home

Mia the good :)
People complain to me about this or that behavior about their dogs alot and i try to help them...its just so much easier to do it right from the start than to have to retrain once its a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.