• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Bulldog Mix & Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
kim your place is WONDERFUL my dogs give it a PAWS UP

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Cute Video of P-Chop! Bostons/Bull Dogs LOVE LOVE LOVE to chase and bark!!
Heres a link (as I dont know how to embed the vids) to Pixie chasing a Pepsi Bottle, LOL (The bird cage in the back is my quarantine cage for some new Budgies I had just gotten, LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGqJK7RE7U

Thanks Tanya, it truly is a unique environment around here, though GOD it needs some new murals, LOL
Im just the Assistant General Manager, otherwise Id be re-painting those right quick! LOL

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
OMG SHE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!
Gosh, I really love them! They are something special! Their personality is unlike anything else. I thank my lucky stars everyday that I have their fun-loving sweet smiling faces in my life! I am hooked! I can't get enough!!

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
I see alot of reds at the dog park these days, but like I said Canada doesnt recognize them as registerable, so most afluent breeders try to not get them in the bloodlines. (Cant register them, which means you cant charge an arm and a leg, LOL). My breeder just registered Pixie through the US as the Dam and Sire were both actually from Boston, LOL. Also, lots of breeders/sellers cal them Browns instead of Reds, but the colours can vary from Orange-ish to full on chocolate like Pixie! LOL Plus Pixie is un-characteristically large for her breed, at least in Canada, US breeds them larger. Usually here a Standard boston is only 10-12 Oounds. Pig is 30!
Ahh ok that's very interesting. I'm surprised they call them browns since they almost look like red dobies (i loooove dobies and huskies as far as big dogs go). I didn't realize Bostons were so tiny...all the ones I've seen seem to be bigger than my pug (at least taller anyway). She's a bit small though, only 15 lbs ish.

He's actually from a breeder- we actually found him on accident. The second we saw his little face we knew it was meant to be! He's a perfect mix of Boston and English. He even has the Boston mask around his face!
He has a few wrinkles on his face and I can't imagine how hard it is to maintain a regular English because Porkchops wrinkles are SO sensitive!
Oh ok! well that's cool :) that was my second guess. I just showed my bf the picture and we were JUST saying how he looks like a perfect mix of the two. I just can't stop looking at him he's so cute! I hear ya on a the wrinkle grooming. I used to work at a groomers and we had a few regular bulldog customers lol

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
True true, I dont think we'll ever not have a squish face around now, LOL
Plus we've sworn never to not have a shepard around too.....and parrot....so we'll always be a full house! LOL The pics of your little snorters are still making me smile! LOL Good to know there are so many squishy faced lovers here on AA!

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I always get so happy to see another squish faced doggie. Squished faced dogs and parrots have a strong hold on my heart!!!!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
that video is precious!! he reminds me of Buddy our English Setter - he would turn himself inside out if it meant chase the water hose - he bites the stream of water and bares his teeth when he does it (like he is trying to not get his lips wet) :lol:

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
that video is precious!! he reminds me of Buddy our English Setter - he would turn himself inside out if it meant chase the water hose - he bites the stream of water and bares his teeth when he does it (like he is trying to not get his lips wet) :lol:
HAHAHA! There's no escaping wetness for Pchop. He ends up drenched. He's not so graceful :)

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I dont think theres a single squish face on the planet that claim gracefulness! Particularily one with a bit of Bull Dog in em, LOL But they make up for it with Cuteness, and snortiness!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I dont think theres a single squish face on the planet that claim gracefulness! Particularily one with a bit of Bull Dog in em, LOL But they make up for it with Cuteness, and snortiness!
you are absolutely right!!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

HAHAHA! There's no escaping wetness for Pchop. He ends up drenched. He's not so graceful :)
oh Buddy gets drenched and he's a long hair :eek: that's what makes his expression so funny when catching the water stream

your babies snuggle up like our dachsies do - they just conform to us when we are lying down

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
For some weird reason I can't get the pics from the last page to repost :)
Anyway, if you go back one post you can tell Peaches is a daddy's girl!!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Interestingly enough Pixie is a daddy's girl as well! Though let it be known that "daddy" has a weakness for all things female and generally sucumbs to all requests, whether it be made by child or dog alike. I wonder how the Parrot will fair? LOL Im totally the dicipliner (hello, its what I do for a living) around here and he's the suck, LOL That Peaches is PRICELESS! Cute little "nook snugglers".
Pixies fav spot is the P-Chop seems to love, the "knee nook" we call it. LOL
PS
I saw Bull Dog/Boston Crosses at a pet store last week for $3k - CRAZY!!!

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Interestingly enough Pixie is a daddy's girl as well! Though let it be known that "daddy" has a weakness for all things female and generally sucumbs to all requests, whether it be made by child or dog alike. I wonder how the Parrot will fair? LOL Im totally the dicipliner (hello, its what I do for a living) around here and he's the suck, LOL That Peaches is PRICELESS! Cute little "nook snugglers".
Pixies fav spot is the P-Chop seems to love, the "knee nook" we call it. LOL
PS
I saw Bull Dog/Boston Crosses at a pet store last week for $3k - CRAZY!!!
$3k!?!?!?! OMG!!!!! :faint:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
It was actually funny. There was a man standing behind me admiring them while my daughter was trying to convince me we needed one. I said "No, we only have room for one Pig!" And the man was like "Oh well, they're pretty expensive anyways" and winks. And I was like "really, how much?" when he said 3k I choked and spat out "Thats insane, they arent evne pure bred, and I paid no where near that for a purebred. Anyone willing to pay that much for a mixed fad breed is out of their mind!" Then a pet store staff member proceeded to plop a plump little Boston/Bull Dog in this mans arms as his face turned white. Needless to say, I got right outta there, LOL (Not to say I dont think people could go to breeders for mixed fad breeds, just 3k is alot!)

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
no kidding!! I'd never pay that much for a mixed breed!!! We did shell out a lot for the Peaches but she's worth every penny :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
How beautiful they all are!! I have always tended towards long faced{wolf look} dogs, but more recently have come to appreciate the squishy faces too. We have a friend/customer, who has a boxer named Rocky. He hangs out at the business with mostly guys. When I go there I always bring a tissue to clean his messy face.:p Heartly and Rocky are buddies, and I keep trying to get their owner to drop him off here so they could play all day, instead of making him hang out at the boring warehouse.

southernbirds

Your photos are absolutely wonderful. You know that I have always been an Doxie person and the first requirements we have to to let them seep in our bed. They're such a comfort to us and we could never deny them their creature comforts. But...regardless of what breed you are drawn to, there are always those dogs with the eyes that just call out. Your Mix looks like one of those whose face is a sweetheart face.

Status
Not open for further replies.