• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Bulldog Mix & Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Porkchop is a Boston Terrier/English bulldog mix. He's actually my boyfriends dog, but ever since we moved in together he's become MY love muffin. He always wants to be near me. He loves to snuggle. He is the greatest dog ever. We have 3 others, but this is my "soul dog". The second he sees that I'm upset or that something is wrong he's right by my side until I reassure him that everything will be ok.
He's seriously one of the greatest dogs that's ever existed.
Here's our Thursday night... snuggling on the couch and watching ER :)

Attachments

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
HE IS CUTE! Your a girl after my own heart :) Not only are dogs my profession, they are also my obsession (aside from birds, but thats newer). We have a Red Boston Terrier named Pixie Dust but we call her Piggie (for obvious reasons! LOL) Yours is a sweetie! Very Cute! I know after having one in our family and after working with 100's that Pugs, bull dogs, bostons, Etc are VERY different from other dogs, LOL
Heres Piggie, and our other dogs, and one with my daughter.

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
you are MY type of person!! Here are the other flat faced loves in my life! Wilbur- the Boston and Peaches- the French Bulldog (she recently got spayed!)

They are the MOST amazing dogs on the planet. The Boston is more human than dog! And Peach and Porkchop are so intune with my boyfriend and me. Peaches is a daddy's girl (to my dismay) haha!!! They are my FAVORITE breeds!

Attachments

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
OH MY WORD your frenchie is SWEET! And your Boston is VERY good looking, you have no idea how many actually ugly ones I see come in and out of our facility! (still snorty and cute, just not Good Looking)
But yes, it takes a special kind of person to own a "squish-faced" breed as my husband calls them, LOL We had always had German Sheps and Huskey's and one staffy, but after working in the animal industry for years and being so exposed to Bostons and Frenchies I HAD to have a little PIG! LOL Pixie Dust is HUGE for her breed, 30 Pounds! LOL But still every bit a boston, LOL We have vids on You Tube, I should post some links, LOL. We'd love to get a Frenchie one day too, but not until we move back to Vancouver Island, where we'll have some land. Three dogs and 14 Birds with an IRN on the way, plus two kids and a husband, we are PACKED!

Wow, your pups are soooo cute! My husbands going to die when he sees that little frenchie, thats his favourite! We had a little white one coming here to my facility for a while, and she was deaf! Cute as hell though.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
your babies are beautiful, you know I have always been smitten with them

but Porkchop needs a plane ticket to Bama - he is the most adorable thing, I love that face

:hug8:

and Kim, your red Boston is stunning, I have never seen a red one before - we have Bostons in the family and I have a soft spot for them

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
We have 4 dogs total, we also have a Bichon mix :)

I've always been a fluffy dog kinda girl until I met my Boston. He's a bit uncharacteristically Boston, he's 25 pounds and SO MELLOW!!
The Frenchie is phenomenal. Sweet, playful, great sense of humor, and did I mention she loves to cuddle?! She will snuggle like the best of 'em!
The English Bulldog/Boston is the ultimate dog. People stop to check him out when we take him for walks. He's bigger, about 50 pounds. Guys LOVE him. He looks like the English Bulldog but is built more like a Boston, long legs.. amazing jumping capability. My boyfriend wanted a full English but I was concerned about health issues. Porkchop is the dream come true!

One day, I would love a chocolate Boston and a cream Frenchie :) And an American Bulldog! I've been bitten by the bug!!!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
my MIL has a Boston that is large for a Boston, his parents were not as big as he is - he is around 35 lbs. he stays wound up, has the best personality and can jump over the fence, but he doesn't know it :lol:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, they are all sooo cute, hehe!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Yes, my hubby wanted an English originally as well, but we get alot here that have ENDLESS cherry eyes surgeries, dental surgeries, hemeroids, skin infections, etc. NOT MY IDEA OF FUN! But yeah, I see alot of really awsome American Bulldogs here, a little on the aggressive side with the Pack, but great as single dog families or experienced Bull breed owners.
I can't wait to get a Frenchie one day though! SO CUTE! I wonder how Pixie would feel not being the only squish face, LOL

Pixie is more Brown than red, though her AKC registration says red. (Did you know that the Canadian Kennel Club doesnt recognize red/brown bostons as of yet? And that all breeders used to drown/kill the red/brown ones as they were considered an ugly mutation!!!! Crazy eh?) Pixie is also a SERIOUS snuggler....she can steal a warm spot like no other dog in the house, and ALWAYS sleeps under the blankets!

Such lovable little characters. Do yours sunbathe by the windows like cats? Piggie does, butnot the other dogs! LOL

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
my MIL has a Boston that is large for a Boston, his parents were not as big as he is - he is around 35 lbs. he stays wound up, has the best personality and can jump over the fence, but he doesn't know it :lol:
hahahaha!!! that's hilarious! They are amazing lil creature!

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
Porkchop is adorable! You can see the bulldog and boston mix in him (in the last picture he looks like a big boston haha). He def. looks like a snuggler. Is he from a shelter? I'm still new so I don't know his story.

Seeing the red Boston you have Kim is interesting. I never really see them. How common are they?

I'm glad to see people that appreciate the flat-faced breeds since I have a pug myself (most people say she's an alien or ugly/cute).

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Yes, my hubby wanted an English originally as well, but we get alot here that have ENDLESS cherry eyes surgeries, dental surgeries, hemeroids, skin infections, etc. NOT MY IDEA OF FUN! But yeah, I see alot of really awsome American Bulldogs here, a little on the aggressive side with the Pack, but great as single dog families or experienced Bull breed owners.
I can't wait to get a Frenchie one day though! SO CUTE! I wonder how Pixie would feel not being the only squish face, LOL

Pixie is more Brown than red, though her AKC registration says red. (Did you know that the Canadian Kennel Club doesnt recognize red/brown bostons as of yet? And that all breeders used to drown/kill the red/brown ones as they were considered an ugly mutation!!!! Crazy eh?) Pixie is also a SERIOUS snuggler....she can steal a warm spot like no other dog in the house, and ALWAYS sleeps under the blankets!

Such lovable little characters. Do yours sunbathe by the windows like cats? Piggie does, butnot the other dogs! LOL
Both Peaches and Wilbur sleep under the blankets every night. It's their spot, Wilbur by our feet and Peach right next to us :)
All 3 loooove to sunbathe! Not so much on the windows they're full of plants but anywhere else they will!!

Attachments

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
love this thread i have 3 bostons and a foster english bull dog have been doing boston rescue and foster for yrs LOVE THEM DOGS

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Porkchop is adorable! You can see the bulldog and boston mix in him (in the last picture he looks like a big boston haha). He def. looks like a snuggler. Is he from a shelter? I'm still new so I don't know his story.

Seeing the red Boston you have Kim is interesting. I never really see them. How common are they?

I'm glad to see people that appreciate the flat-faced breeds since I have a pug myself (most people say she's an alien or ugly/cute).
He's actually from a breeder- we actually found him on accident. The second we saw his little face we knew it was meant to be! He's a perfect mix of Boston and English. He even has the Boston mask around his face!
He has a few wrinkles on his face and I can't imagine how hard it is to maintain a regular English because Porkchops wrinkles are SO sensitive!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I see alot of reds at the dog park these days, but like I said Canada doesnt recognize them as registerable, so most afluent breeders try to not get them in the bloodlines. (Cant register them, which means you cant charge an arm and a leg, LOL). My breeder just registered Pixie through the US as the Dam and Sire were both actually from Boston, LOL. Also, lots of breeders/sellers cal them Browns instead of Reds, but the colours can vary from Orange-ish to full on chocolate like Pixie! LOL Plus Pixie is un-characteristically large for her breed, at least in Canada, US breeds them larger. Usually here a Standard boston is only 10-12 Oounds. Pig is 30!

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Here's Porkchop at his finest :)

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I see alot of reds at the dog park these days, but like I said Canada doesnt recognize them as registerable, so most afluent breeders try to not get them in the bloodlines. (Cant register them, which means you cant charge an arm and a leg, LOL). My breeder just registered Pixie through the US as the Dam and Sire were both actually from Boston, LOL. Also, lots of breeders/sellers cal them Browns instead of Reds, but the colours can vary from Orange-ish to full on chocolate like Pixie! LOL Plus Pixie is un-characteristically large for her breed, at least in Canada, US breeds them larger. Usually here a Standard boston is only 10-12 Oounds. Pig is 30!
I see a lot of the red/brown ones now too! I love them!! Most Bostons around here are around 15 pounds too. Poor Wilbur was 28 for a while but we brought him down 3 pounds and he's MUCH healthier looking. The vet was thrilled!!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Hahaha, Joanna, those sunbathing pictures conjure up thoughts of my Pig doing just that on a daily basis! And the blanket thing to eh? Maybe all the unique things Piggie does really are bred into her, LOL I wonder what it must be like to have a HOUSEFUL of snorty little buggers! My Huskey and German SHep often look quisically at Pixie as if they dont really think shes a dog! LOL And the only dogs that will play with here at work are other Bostons! LOL But the Huskey is learning to lover her as she is, and they snuggle often!

Status
Not open for further replies.