• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Big Boy!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I got nailed (exactly what it feels like) by a six inch (including tail) baby once at a reptile meet and greet at one of those pet expos. The biggest problem was the little one would not let go of my finger! I had to just stand there and keep petting him until he let go or risk tearing my skin. Held on for all of about ten minutes. I had the imprint of the boney searations on my finger for almost 24 hours afterward.

moonchild

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Well.. if you still want a bearded dragon they live something like 5-8 years. So you're not getting into a parrot-like commitment lol. And they're awesome little dudes!
Actually it's more like 10-15 years with proper diet and care...but 15 is pretty geriatric. I had one that lived for 10. There are always a lot of adults on Craigslist needing homes though!

dwright27

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dawn
That's true, I always see beardies on Kijiji. I don't really use craigslist much, I'm too used to the format of Kijiji now lol.. and on the Canadian Craigslist I don't think you're allowed to post animals.