• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My beloved Zane

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I just finished dropping off his little body Guelph University. This is so hard. And I cried so much I gave myself a migraine. I feel good about my decision to do a necropsy thou. They will take save little tissue samples and future students and staff will be able to look his records. Hopefully they'll be able to learn something from him. The doctor who will be doing the necropsy was very nice too

Zane was such a precious bird and I'm so lucky to have the time I had with him. When he was first found he was in such rough shape we thought even we just a couple good years... 14 years was way more than we were expecting. Thou it's never enough time. You always want more...

I love you Zane. You were such a good bird. Such a silly happy boy who gave the best birdie cuddles. Thank you for picking me to take care of you. It was a real privilege. I love you always :heart::sorrow:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Thank you all for your support. Your comments make me cry but in a good way. You were always there for me and Zane through ups and downs. I'm so glad I got to share him with all you. Thanks letting me share him and for seeing how special he truly was.
:sorrow::heart::grouphug:

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
It is very obvious how much you loved and cared for Zane. Grief has many stages. Please remember that you have friends here if you ever need to talk.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Thanks for sharing Zane with all of us - he always made me smile. He was such a happy, fun guy.

I'm so glad you are getting a necropsy. You will probably learn that there was not a thing you could have done to make him live longer. It's always comforting to me to know the "whys" and I'm sure it will be comforting to you too.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Well, crap! I'm very sorry for your loss :( I hope you find answers that ease your heart.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm so sorry Sarah. :sadhug2:
No one should ever have to be plagued with guilt after loosing a loved one but especially not you towards Zane. You were a fantastic care-taker of a bird that really needed someone who could love him like you did. Your dedication was rewarded with many years of happy life he honestly probably would not have gotten otherwise.

I'm glad you are having a necropsy done, I hope it helps you find comfort. Know that even if there was something you could have done differently, all we can ever do is our best with the knowledge we have at the time; we are not time travelers or psychics and it's not fair to hold that hindsight against your present self.

My heart is broken for you and I'm crying at work. Thank you for giving us a window into his life. A special soul. :sad11:

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Sarah, I am so sorry, he was very much loved by you, fly high sweet man. :sadhug2:

ThePeepingEgg

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Carmen
Dear Sarah,
I've only just met you and Zane but I could tell right away how very much you loved him and what a wonderful home you provided. Words cannot describe the pain you must be feeling and I'm so very sorry :sorrow: I hope you can find comfort in knowing that you gave Zane the best years of his life.

"When tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart...
For every time you think of me
I'm right here inside your heart"
:sadhug2:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I am so so so sorry Sarah. From what I’ve seen you were the perfect home for Zane and he knew he was so loved. I hope you find comfort in the wonderful memories you and he shared.