• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Mister clean

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Good thing your heard her ploop & washed it off ASAP
Just what I was thinking. Thank goodness you were right there... :( I can't even think that.

But damnit I am ticked at the way your dad has been acting about her. :mad: I am so sorry for you and them and I hope that situation is resolved soon. :sadhug2:

Last edited:

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Just what I was thinking. Thank goodness you were right there... :( I can't even think that.

But damnit I am ticked at the way your dad has been acting about her. :mad: I am so sorry for you and them and I hope that situation is resolved soon. :sadhug2:
Yeah, it's hard to think about, but she wouldn't have been able to get out. It was one of those cylindrical ones with the smooth sides. There was nothing in the bucket for her to grab onto, it was too deep for her to stand in, but too shallow for her to reach the lip and pull herself out. I was only a few feet away, but she was already struggling to keep her head above water when I found the bucket thanks to her splashing.

He's leaving in two months, thankfully. July 1st is moving day for him. Everything'll calm right down after that.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yeah, it's hard to think about, but she wouldn't have been able to get out. It was one of those cylindrical ones with the smooth sides. There was nothing in the bucket for her to grab onto, it was too deep for her to stand in, but too shallow for her to reach the lip and pull herself out. I was only a few feet away, but she was already struggling to keep her head above water when I found the bucket thanks to her splashing.

He's leaving in two months, thankfully. July 1st is moving day for him. Everything'll calm right down after that.
So scary!!! Please have a talk with your Dad. You might want to just have a bird room nobody but you who will go in there.